Help! Trying to lower the bed temperature after 2nd layer in KISSlicer...

bonesst...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2014, 6:43:16 PM4/16/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

First I'd like to say thanks to FunBart for putting this forum together.

I'm a 3D printing Noob, but finished my 1st printer kit ( a MendelMax 2.0 ) a couple of weeks ago. Since then I've been using Marlin v1 firmware, Pronterface and Slic3r and I'm making progress with better prints.

About a week ago, I purchased the Pro key to KISSlicer and have been studying the software. I have a lot of it figured out, but I can't find a way to lower the HotBed temperature after the first couple of layers have printed... this is necessary due to some really old PLA that otherwise refuses to stick.

In Slic3r, it was easy to set starting HB temps to 90c, print the first 2 layers then reduce the temps and hold at 55c for the remaining print. I would like to do this in KISSlicer, but can't find a way to do it.... maybe it's a gcode thing which I'm also trying to learn.

Any assistance will be appreciated,

Thanks, Bill

Garry Bartsch

Apr 16, 2014, 7:00:47 PM4/16/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I found this group after hearing good things about Kisslicer and also thank FunBart for putting it up. And as I got up to speed of the current state of Kisslicer's development I hope it will stay alive and grow. But I also would like this option to set different temps for different layers the same way that Slic3r has.

bonesst...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2014, 11:17:42 AM4/18/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm becoming convinced that this is a gcode... maybe a <tokens> solution. I'll contiue to chase that rabbit. ;)

thanks, Bill

Tim Hester

Apr 18, 2014, 12:57:05 PM4/18/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
In the materials tab set your layer 1 bed temp. Then in the gcode in the prefix section you'd have something like;
M140 <BED>; set bed temp 110
M190 <BED>; wait for bed temp

Then in the per layer section insert something like this, every 1 layer

M140 S105 ; set bed temp to 105

Note that the layer 1 temp comes from the value you set on the material tab, and the value you use in the per layer gcode is hardcoded.

Do double check the gcodes.. Going from memory atm :)

HTH

bonesst...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2014, 6:01:39 PM4/18/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com, timhe...@gmail.com
Great! Thanks Tim,

This gives me additional insight ... I'll give it a whirl ... :)

Mucho appreciated, Bill