Flasforge Creater Pro (Replicator 2x clone) G-Gode Settings

Cordvision

Sep 26, 2014, 2:34:32 PM9/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello
I just bought a Kisslicer Pro license and I'm struggling getting it to work with my Flashforge Creator Pro.

I'm using the Sailfish Firmware (v.7.7) and the GPX post processor.

My goal is to be able to choose the left or the right extruder for printing, or to do dual extruder prints (using PVA for support).

Is there anybody that has working settings for:
G-Code --> Prefix
G-Code --> Select Extruder
G-Code --> Deselect Extruder
G-Code --> N Layers
G-Code --> Postfix

I used kisslicer previously a few times with a Solidoolde printer which worked fine but I'm having difficulties getting it two work with my new dual extruder printer and I just can't find a whole lot of information about this topic.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

funBart

Sep 26, 2014, 3:56:56 PM9/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Maybe you can take my post about the Rep1 Dual / settings  as startpoint. Take the Replicator dual Makerware version when using GPX.

Basically, the Rep2X doesn't work that much different than the Rep1dual, but I have checked the used codes by the 2X and inserted them below.
Be sure you use at the Printer//Firmware tab the Absolute E no reset (Makerbot) type, and check the fan codes (but AFIK the Rep2X is using the M126 and M127 command to switch the print cooling fan.)
Under Printer//Extruder Hardware: assign Axis 1 as "A" and Axis 2 as "B".

The only thing I think to remember that someone had a problem that the Extruder Fans weren't switched on. It should be working with this Gcode, but maybe keep an eye at it when starting the first print. (With me they are starting when reaching 60 degrees, as it's hardcoded in the firmware).

See below for inserted Gcodes

On Friday, 26 September 2014 20:34:32 UTC+2, Cordvision wrote:
Hello
I just bought a Kisslicer Pro license and I'm struggling getting it to work with my Flashforge Creator Pro.

I'm using the Sailfish Firmware (v.7.7) and the GPX post processor.

My goal is to be able to choose the left or the right extruder for printing, or to do dual extruder prints (using PVA for support).

Is there anybody that has working settings for:
G-Code --> Prefix

; **** Replicator 2X start.gcode ****
M103
G90 ; use absolute coordinates
G21 ; set units to millimeters
M73 P0 ; enable build progress
G162 X Y F3000 ; home XY maximum
G161 Z F1200 ; home Z minimum
G92 Z-5 ; set Z to -5
G1 Z0 ; move Z to 0
G161 Z F100 ; home Z slowly
M132 X Y Z A B ; recall home offsets
M135 T0 ; load right extruder offsets
G1 X-130 Y-75 Z30 F9000 ; move to wait position off table
G130 X20 Y20 Z20 A20 B20 ; lower stepper Vrefs while heating
M126 (fan on?)
M140 S<BED> T0
M134 T0 ; stabilize bed temperature
M104 S<WARM1> T0
M104 S<WARM2> T1
M133 T0 ; stabilize right extruder temperature
M133 T1 ; stabilize left extruder temperature
G130 X127 Y127 Z40 A127 B127 ; default stepper Vrefs
G92 A0 B0 ; zero extruders
G1 Z0.4 ; position nozzle
G1 E25 F300 ; purge nozzle
G1 X-125 Y-70 Z0.15 F1200 ; slow wipe
G1 X-120 Y-65 Z0.5 F1200 ; lift
G92 A0 B0 ; zero extruders
M73 P1 ;@body (notify GPX body has started)
; **** end of start.gcode ****

G-Code --> Select Extruder

(**** Select Gcode extruder change***)
M135 T<EXT+0> (toolchange)
M104  S<TEMP> T<EXT+0> (enable to set active tool to main temp)

G-Code --> Deselect Extruder
(**** DeSelect Gcode extruder change***)
G1 F3600
M104  S<TEMP> T<EXT+0>  (enable to set inactive tool to inactive temp)

G-Code --> N Layers
Nothing normally to put here, but I have added a display command to view to print-time, like this:

M70 P5 (KISSlicer ROCKS!    Total <TTOTAL>      Elapsed <TELAPSED>    Remain <TREMAIN>)

G-Code --> Postfix
; **** Replicator 2X end.gcode ****
M73 P100 ; end build progress
G0 Z155 F1000 ; send Z axis to bottom of machine
M140 S0 T0 ; cool down HBP
M104 S0 T0 ; cool down right extruder
M104 S0 T1 ; cool down left extruder
M127 ; stop blower fan
G162 X Y F3000 ; home XY maximum
M18 ; disable stepper
M72 P1 ; play Ta-Da song
; **** end of end.gcode ****

Hopes this helpes!
Bart

Cordvision

Sep 27, 2014, 2:43:22 PM9/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
First of all, thank you very much, it is helping a lot. I started customizing a start code a little bit and I can't figure out some g-code issue. Here it is:

LEFT

; **** Flashforge Creator Pro start.gcode ****

M103

G90

; use absolute coordinates

G21

; set units to millimeters

M73 P0

; enable build progress

M320

; acceleration enabled for all commands that follow

G162 X Y F3000

; home XY maximum

G161 Z F1200

; home Z minimum

G92 Z-5

; set Z to -5

G1 Z0

; move Z to 0

G161 Z F100

; home Z slowly

M132 X Y Z A B

; recall home offsets

M135 T0

; load right extruder offsets

G1 X-114 Y-75 Z30 F9000

; move to wait position off table

G130 X20 Y20 Z20 A20 B20

; lower stepper Vrefs while heating

M126 (fan on?)

M140 S<BED> T0

M134 T0

; stabilize bed temperature

M104  S<TEMP> T<EXT+0> (enable to set active tool to main temp)

M133 T<EXT+0>

; stabilize extruder temperature

G130 X127 Y127 Z40 A127 B127

; default stepper Vrefs

G92 A0 B0

; zero extruders

G1 Z0.3 F6000.000

; move to first layer height

G1 X-100 Y-73 F14000.000

; move to front right corner of bed

G1 X90 Y-73 B24 F2000.000

; extrude a line of filament across the front edge of the bed

G4 P2000

; wait for ooze to slow

G1 Z0 F6000.000

; lower nozzle height to 0

G1 X95

; wipe nozzle

G92 A0 B0

; zero extruders

M73 P1

;@body (notify GPX body has started)

; **** end of start.gcode ****

The red marked g code in kisslicer results in the following g-code output:

M104  S220 T1 (enable to set active tool to main temp)

M133 T1

What I don't get, why does it replace T<EXT+0> with T1? I read on the kisslicer gcode wiki that the Token EXT is by default 0 (right extruder) so I would expect it to translate it into T0. What am I missing?

funBart

Sep 27, 2014, 4:09:39 PM9/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
No, it takes the token it thinks it's the active extruder, it's only default to T0 when only one extruder is set. BTW: the token <EXT> is resulting in T0 as well..

Is it so that the first chosen extruder after the startGcode is T1? Than it''s normal Kisslicer behaviour.
I would recommend to use T0 and T1 (and not <EXT+1>) in the startGcode, so you can predict the behavior better.

You realise that the line:
G1 X90 Y-73 B24 F2000.000
is priming the left (T1) extruder normally? But I think GPX is that translating ok again to x3g code.

I assume the way the Gcode now is presented is because of copy/paste?
As normally the comments belong on the same line.
so not:

G1 X90 Y-73 B24 F2000.000

; extrude a line of filament across the front edge of the bed

but

Cordvision

Sep 27, 2014, 7:29:47 PM9/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
What I don't get is why the active extruder is T1 and not T0. In the starter code I call for "M135 T0; load right extruder offsets", and that is the only time I'm calling for an extruder directly, after that it is always with the Token EXT. The "Select Extruder" code is this:

((**** Select Gcode extruder change***)
M135 T<EXT+0> (toolchange)
M104  S<TEMP> T<EXT+0> (enable to set active tool to main temp)
M133 T<EXT+0>
; stabilize extruder temperature

The g-code after the Starter Code and Select Extruder Code is as follows:

M126
G1 X14.72 Y1.12 Z0.5 B0 F9000
G1 X14.72 Y1.12 Z0.35 B0 F600
G1 B1 F3000
G1 X0.12 Y15.72 B2.8928 F2064

It uses extruder B for extruding (in the main code as well as in the start code when it is priming the extruder) , so does this make T1 the default? I always thought that the printer just reads the code from top down, but this would suggest that it reads the main body of code first to set the default, is that correct?

Second question, you said:
You realise that the line:
G1 X90 Y-73 B24 F2000.000
is priming the left (T1) extruder normally? But I think GPX is that translating ok again to x3g code.

Yes, it primes the left extruder, should it not?

Thanks for the help :)

Bart

Sep 27, 2014, 7:51:38 PM9/27/14
to kisslicer-refugee-camp@googlegroups com
Yes the Gcode is read line by line.
To be sure: do you have setup a profile with one or two extruders under Printer//Hardware?
And if so, what are the axis set on the extruder//hardware tab?
Because I don't understand why your code after the startGcode is without M135.

The change from A to B is only applying to the extruders, so when A: the right is extruding and when B, the left is extruding. But the printer has to do a Coordination switch as well (as defined in the firmware), by which the coordinates shift about 33mm, by the M135 command.

Maybe it's the best to post the zipped complete Gcode and the ini files used, so I can reproduce the problem.
Bart

Cordvision

Sep 27, 2014, 8:53:38 PM9/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Yes, profile is set up with two extruders, and I can actually print with the left extruder even though I have all these difficulties with the G code. I attached a zip file with all the files.

On a side note. If I format the comments properly, it messes up the g code. It puts all codes on the same line -->
(**** Flashforge Creator Pro start.gcode****)
M103
G90 G21 M73 P0 M320G162 X Y F3000G161 Z F1200G92 Z-5G1 Z0G161 Z F100M132 X Y Z A BM135 T1G1 X-114 Y-75 Z30 F9000G130 X20 Y20 Z20 A20 B20M126 (fan on?).....

Not sure what is going on here...

Thanks again for the help, I really appreciate it. I really made an effort to get this sorted out on my own (was reading up on messages boards all day long) but I really can't figure out what is happening here.
FlashForge.zip

Cordvision

Sep 27, 2014, 8:55:12 PM9/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
BTW: Just occurred to me. Could this have something to do with the fact that I'm using the latest Beta version of Kisslicer?

Cordvision

Sep 27, 2014, 9:06:07 PM9/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
One more thing: I did change the Start code in the attached zip file already from what I initially started with. Originally I used M135 T0 right after homing, nevertheless the active extruder was still T1 (when I used T<EXT+0>, it would translate to T1 and not T0 as you would expect). I now changed the code after  homing from M135 T0 to M135 T1.
The way it was originally (M135 T0) I would expect to get T0 for each T<EXT+0> that follows it.

funBart

Sep 30, 2014, 5:12:48 PM9/30/14
Hi, sorry it took some time to get back to you: as for your question:

I tried your T1 profile for the printer, and for me it's ok: Kisslicer puts T1 for that tool, as it's the only active tool for Kisslicer, and the first one to be used. Maybe I don't understand it yet, but when using EXT 2 (on the Printer//Extruder tab) as the only or first extruder to print with, as far Kisslicer concerns it's actually T1. So <EXT+0> is always resulting in T1. Kisslicer isn't aware what you write in your startGcode, it just copies it and fills in the tokens (if any). So whatever Extruder change or code you put in the Prefix / StartGcode fields: KS won't 'do anything" with it.
When you want to put T0 at that line, just give T1 or <EXT-1>.

About the lines of the startGcode on one line with comments unchecked: that was a very old bug, but for what I know it was fixed. It was caused by the way line ends were described wrong in the *.ini file, 0A or 0X0A, don't remember it anymore. A workaround wast to copy it in a texteditor in some weird format, and export it, but I don't recall how anymore.
Maybe you can report this as a bug in the Beta thread, as I wasn't able to fix it either for you.

Bart