I would have paid more

plexuss

Jun 5, 2014, 9:41:30 AM6/5/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Ive tried all the other slicers out there that are common use. In the end I choose KISSlicer because of all the reasons people cite elsewhere. Personally I think ites worth $100. Maybe $150. I am just comparing it to other tools Ive purchased for 3D printing such as my two choices for CAD, Alibre Invent $50 and ViaCAD Pro at $160 (its normally $250 and I would have paid that but I got it on sale). Even though I am mostly a hobbiest, I find that the commercial software meets my needs better than anything Ive tried freeware or open source and I am willing to pay for that. KISSlicer is no exception.

I would encourage Jonathan to consider raising his price significantly on the release of 1.5. I dont think $99 is too much to ask considering what you get. But only if he commits to not bugging out like that again. KISSlicer is basically an essential part of the workflow and its not going to work if vacations from it arent communicated, so thats one stipulation.

Just wondering how others feel. I know its a little weird to egg someone on to raise their price. Partly its also because I want to see KISSlicer evolve and also I dont want to have to switch to another slicer. But mostly its because thats what I think its worth. $100-150.

Mrs. Lonesock

Jun 5, 2014, 10:42:58 AM6/5/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
You are very kind. :) There's only one problem....it has to have the number 42 in there!!  It is the ultimate answer to life, the universe, and KISSlicer pricing :D

plexuss

Jun 5, 2014, 10:48:19 AM6/5/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Fine. $99.42

DDME-Marc

Jun 5, 2014, 9:11:44 PM6/5/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hitch Hickers Guide to the Galaxy.... I havent heard that answer of 42 for a while!

I fully agree that KISSlicer software is a top provider for 3D printing, and it certainly plays an intergral role in my company (mechanical design).

Maintenance agreements are used with our CAD suppliers to great effect and ensure ongoing software development and tech support.

I would certainly welcome such an arrangement with KISSlicer.

Food for thought anyhow.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers,

Marc

Andrew Russell

Jun 6, 2014, 3:31:50 AM6/6/14
to plexuss, kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Keep the current price point.  Simplify3d is getting a lot of attention and praise right now.  If you keep the price where its at, people will be more likely to purchase Kisslicer *and* Simplify3d.  This allows people to try out Kisslicer, see how much more they like it over the competition, then advocate on forums for others to try it out.

Bring the price up after you are overwhelmed with customer support & praise, or you quit your fulltime gig to focus on Kisslicer.

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 7:48 AM, plexuss <ple...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
Fine. $99.42

Davide Ardizzoia

Jun 6, 2014, 5:58:04 AM6/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com, ple...@sympatico.ca
Simplify3d is PAY then TRY.
Kisslicer is TRY (single extruder) and SEE.
If you need multiple extruder and PRO tools then you PAY.

IMHO S3d has some interesting features..... but KS beats them all hands down.

On my experience, when you start printing big objects, you enlarge any critical point (mechanical, filament, slicing) and so far the verdict is that KS is the one that wont fail.
It has still some points to improve, for sure, but if Jonathan will bump up a bit the pricing I believe it won't make any difference with quality minded users.

Best Regards
Davide Ardizzoia

Chris Keller

Jun 6, 2014, 1:11:23 PM6/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Kisslicer was my ultimate answer to life, and the universe of printing parts on same-material support without pulling my hair out and everything.  And Kisslicer ROCKED MY WORLD!

lonesock (Jonathan)

Jun 6, 2014, 1:26:25 PM6/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I love this thread!  [8^)

The price will stay fixed at $42 for KISSlicer PRO...
BUT
I have a bunch of features planned (that I don't want to mention right now) for what I plan to call (something along the lines of) "KISSlicer Artist".  I think my target price on that will be about $150, but that obviously isn't fixed yet.  However, as exciting as those features are, I need to get the current features-set done and release KISSlicer 1.5 first.  I don't want to add the frills till the base is solid!  It is tough, though, because it is much more fun to implement new / untested / innovative features than it is to just play "catch-up".

So, there's your teaser for the day.  [8^)  I will be pulling the discount price very soon, though...I'm thinking about leaving it through the weekend, then removing it on Monday.  I think pretty much everyone who helped keep the KISSlicer community alive has been able to buy at the discounted rate by now.

Thanks, everyone!  You are seriously the greatest user community ever!

Jonathan