infill extrusion amount problem

Eddi Lecesne

Jul 3, 2014, 4:29:08 PM7/3/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys

This may be a newbie question:
I have a problem that my bfb 3DT printer isn't extruding the infill fast enough to make a nice infill. So it just amasses around the loops. I can only adjust the speed which also adjusts proportionally the extrusion amount. No luck on that side. So where the heck can I adjust the extrusion amount so I can extrude more?

Cheers -Eddi

toranarod

Jul 3, 2014, 6:01:17 PM7/3/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
i have a 3D touch printer.   i have seen most things in the the.  not sure what you are exactly looking at. a photo will help?

Eddi Lecesne

Jul 6, 2014, 10:45:36 AM7/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I did a test print to show what I mean, hope it helps.
I stopped the job in the middle. but this should be 16.7% infill. It doesn't really make a difference if I change the infill percentage. It's just not extruding enough material to create the infill lines.

toranarod

Jul 6, 2014, 3:44:18 PM7/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
are you using the straight in fill with the post process? because i just noticed the same thing or very similar

Tim Blakely

Jul 6, 2014, 4:35:45 PM7/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm not familiar with the BFB printer... does it use bowden?  Also, are you using different speeds for perimeters/infill?

toranarod

Jul 7, 2014, 12:01:52 AM7/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I am not seeing the same thing identically to your photo.  By the answer to my question you have already tried changing infill type. Also you are not using post process.
What I thought maybe to cause is not.  I am curious so will run a few prints on my machine.   see what i find.
Maybe you should give the post process, CubeitMod 4.5 a try.   see what happens. Ask Giovanni. Its his area.

Your Slicer is KISSlicer?

Timmay

Jul 7, 2014, 1:39:20 AM7/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Eddi: Just a FYI: You replied directly to me. Didn't want to repost it here without your knowledge, in case you didn't want it posted here (I'm replying from the Google Group).

Here's something to try: I know it's painfully slow, but try printing everything at 5mm/s: loops, sparse infill, and solid infill; let us know if that fixes it.  If it does, that may mean that you're running into a similar problem I'm having: the speed change from perimeter->infill requires an increased filament pressure, a problem that's particularly exacerbated by bowden setups (mine).  It looks like you're going from 6.4mm/s-->48mm/s, which is a huge increase that the pressure may not be able to keep up with.  Here's an example of optimal pressure changes (left) and standard speed changes (right), as mentioned in [1]:

And that's only for a 20% increase in speed, much lower than your 700%.  For more info, see [2, 3]

Eddi Lecesne

Jul 7, 2014, 1:44:04 PM7/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
oh sorry, didn't mean to send it privately.
I doubt its because of that. I used to be able to print with ease much faster, but I don't know why, it's not happening anymore.
I'll give it a try and post pics etc. I'll also post a pic of the printer head to show the filament intake system.
Thanks for the help!

Eddi

Jul 7, 2014, 5:12:16 PM7/7/14
I think I see now the problem. I did everything with 5mm/s (loops, fill, sparse infill) The results are similar if not worse.
Inline images 2Inline images 1
I did a small video to illustrate the issue. What's happening is that for some reason the ratio is different for the spare infill. You see at the beginning of the video that its doing 2 loops then does the sparse infill at a totally different speed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9GGC-zV-jw

I'm going to try a newer or older version of Kisslicer (as I don't remember having this issue before) and give CubeitMod a try just out of curiosity.
I uploaded two pics of the bfb's hot end mechanism:
Inline images 4Inline images 3

IMG_3406-001.JPG
IMG_3407-001.JPG
IMG_3404-001.JPG
IMG_3405-001.JPG

toranarod

Jul 7, 2014, 9:55:14 PM7/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Did this happen all of a sudden or did it slowly get worse over time.

Looking at your extruder drivers you may want to remove the drive bolt and clean the bearing at the bottom. Also wouldn't hurt to sharpen the the edge of on the drive screw.
if your drive bolts are sharp and in good order you will get no plastic dust gathering around the guide bearings.

See the Photo Spin the bolt in a drill or lath if you have one and use 800 grit wet and dry to put the edge back on the bolt. it really makes difference when you do this.

I am very interested in this problem been thinking about it.

On Tuesday, 8 July 2014 07:12:16 UTC+10, Eddi Lecesne wrote:
I think I see now the problem. I did everything with 5mm/s (loops, fill, sparse infill) The results are similar if not worse.
Inline images 2Inline images 1
I did a small video to illustrate the issue. What's happening is that for some reason the ratio is different for the spare infill. You see at the beginning of the video that its doing 2 loops then does the sparse infill at a totally different speed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9GGC-zV-jw

I'm going to try a newer or older version of Kisslicer (as I don't remember having this issue before) and give CubeitMod a try just out of curiosity.
I uploaded two pics of the bfb's hot end mechanism:
Inline images 4Inline images 3

On 7 July 2014 19:44, Eddi Lecesne <lec...@gmail.com> wrote:

drive.jpg

giovanni...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2014, 3:10:46 AM7/8/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Are "Extrusion Width" and "Infill Extrusion Widht" the same ?

Eddi Lecesne

Jul 10, 2014, 7:19:19 AM7/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
@ toranarod: it happened all of a sudden. How did you dismount the screw? I didn't manage that. I cleaned it in a heated ultrasonic bath once. I'd like to sharped the threads, but haven't got the right tools for that.

@giovanni: 'extrusion width' is at 0.5 and 'infill extrusion width' is at 0.3 (had it at 0.15 before).

I'm wondering if it's because of the filament quality I switched to a few month back..should test that out too

FYI: I'm on vacation and will be back around the 23rd July...so wont be doing much till then on my printer ;)
cheers -Eddi

giovanni...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2014, 10:01:46 AM7/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Set InfillExtrusionWidth to 0.5 like the ExtrusionWidth and you'll have the same quantity extruded in both.

Eddi Lecesne

Jul 10, 2014, 12:15:49 PM7/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Wow, this did it pretty much! I thought it was an overlapping value in the horizontal direction..I was totally wrong.
Many thanks to everyone who contributed.
IMG_20140710_180143.jpg