Kisslicer and Cube2

Joris [van Tubergen]

Sep 24, 2014, 2:15:31 AM9/24/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

For a project we have to use Cube2 machines.  I see things and possibilities about CubeX, is there also a way NOT to use the Cube2 software (with only 3 options!!!)...

Thanks in advance...!

Cheers \ Joris

Peter Gregory

Sep 26, 2014, 10:40:23 AM9/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I haven't worked with a Cube2 yet, so I don't know of a work-around.
From what I've read in other posts, the "security hole" that allows Cubex users to print BFB file has been plugged in the Cube2.
That rules out every 3rd party slicer I know.
I saw a post theorizing the possibility of loading older firmware in the Cube2 to allow BFB file printing, but I didn't see any follow-ups if it works.
I don't know what older firmware versions exist for that model.
I saw another post about a theoretical way to defeat the cartridge system by placing a resister across the data pins to keep the voltage from getting high enough for the write cycle to work.
But I haven't seen a follow-up saying it works.
Sorry I don't have any answers.

Joris [van Tubergen]

Sep 26, 2014, 1:27:55 PM9/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Thanks a lot...!
Since there is not much info, I guess it doesn't really work. Normally if you get lots of hits it means something. I tried different key words on the search engines as well, without a real result.
Too bad. Because I think the machine can print even better than it does now.

Cheers \ Joris