Dual Extrusion Temperature Control

Keith Rogers

Aug 4, 2014, 1:38:10 AM8/4/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm printing an object using two different materials (both PLA).  The nominal temperature for the PLA extruders is 195, and the Keep-Warm temperature is 175.  However, in the first layer (all one material) both extruders are running at full temperature, and the ooze from the 2nd one  is ruining the print.  My question is: why isn't the unused extruder being kept at the rest temperature?  Is there something I can look at in the g-code to see what is going on (and perhaps manually correct)?

-Keith

Nohtal Partansky

Aug 4, 2014, 10:40:59 AM8/4/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
You could probably set your second hotend to 0 before you start the print. This way it will heat up once it becomes active and be cold for the first layer.

Keith Rogers

Aug 4, 2014, 10:55:41 AM8/4/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I don't think that will work, as it extrudes an initial line on both extruders before beginning the actual print to make sure the flow is smooth.

Nohtal Partansky

Aug 5, 2014, 4:23:54 PM8/5/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I assume it extrudes an initial line through your own gcode implimentation? If that is true you can go in and manually set the temp at the end of your start gcode.

Keith Rogers

Aug 6, 2014, 11:05:21 AM8/6/14
to Nohtal Partansky, kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
That's actually what I ended up doing.  I edited the gcode directly and put in the proper temperature setting.  But isn't that a bug?  KISSlicer should have done that automatically, right?

PenskeGuy

Aug 6, 2014, 8:21:45 PM8/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com, noh...@lathon.net
On Wednesday, August 6, 2014 8:05:21 AM UTC-7, Keith Rogers wrote:
That's actually what I ended up doing.  I edited the gcode directly and put in the proper temperature setting.  But isn't that a bug?  KISSlicer should have done that automatically, right?

What are your Select and Deselect Extruder G-codes?

lucas...@hotmail.com

Aug 8, 2014, 9:54:21 AM8/8/14
Hello,

do not know if you already saw it on page 18 from Aug 6th: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/kisslicer-refugee-camp/avvwS8Tk5Yk/d3pKt3bGJZwJ
The new <WARM1> … <WARM4> in latest version maybe for that, to put in start-gcode.
Best