PRINT PICS!

Mrs. Lonesock

May 14, 2014, 5:48:07 PM5/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
One of the most rewarding things for me is to see how KS is helping you make awesome prints! So, if you want to show* what KS helped print-- share here!
~Mrs. Lonesock

*only mild boasting allowed

Tris

May 14, 2014, 6:55:57 PM5/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
OK, let's get the ball rolling!

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:246198
Adalinda.jpg

Mrs. Lonesock

May 14, 2014, 6:57:27 PM5/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

LOVE IT!

Matt Hoover

May 17, 2014, 1:32:12 PM5/17/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Very Nice! What printer do you have?

Ryan

May 19, 2014, 8:54:48 AM5/19/14
KISSlicer Pro (white) vs CubeX v1.07 (red).
2014-03-25_13-45-06_272.jpg
2014-03-25_13-45-11_585.jpg

Tris

May 19, 2014, 4:55:45 PM5/19/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I have a slightly customised Mini Kossel...
Mini Kossel.jpg

Radus

May 20, 2014, 1:54:27 AM5/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Hi !

Kisslicer is BEST for print with support structures !

James McGowan

May 21, 2014, 8:59:44 PM5/21/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I'll throw a couple of recents in

Both printed on  my MakersToolWorks MendleMax 2.0

The PantherNude V2 in Taulman's Bridge, My first print with this material, needs retraction tweaking but fantastic surface finish otherwise.

And everybodys favorite T-Rex Skull in PLA

Isaac Thompson

May 23, 2014, 4:22:50 PM5/23/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Nice trex skull! Might have to do that one soon

Ante Vukorepa

May 25, 2014, 9:43:43 PM5/25/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Here are some of mine:

Size comparison

Original and the scanned, downsized and printed copy

toranarod

May 26, 2014, 12:54:38 AM5/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
What is your machine?

Lothar Merl

May 26, 2014, 12:58:41 AM5/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Awsome!

Could you please tell a bit about the equipment you used?
The tail of the lion look very fragile. Must have been hard to separate from the support.
I had some problems with the tiny hearts on this egg cup I found at thingiverse.:

It's the fourth part I ever printed and looks very rough. Still a lot of optimization to do.
Material: PLA 1.75
Printer Modified Kossel
Hotend: Selfmade 0.35mm

Lothar

toranarod

May 26, 2014, 1:13:13 AM5/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I miss show and tell.

I print RC model planes. YES they do fly,  This would be totally impossible if it wasn't for KISSlicer.   No other slicer can make industrial garde engineering.   But this one.
KISS1.jpg
KISS2.jpg
PAF_35.jpg

Andrea Pirazzini

May 26, 2014, 5:15:07 PM5/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Nice Pics!

Soluble supports right?

evrybadykombinerki

May 26, 2014, 5:55:53 PM5/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Nothing very complicatedd here, but I love this "fire and forget" nature of Kisslicer, that helped me to make all the elements right for final assembly..
Thanks!!!

Ante Vukorepa

May 26, 2014, 9:06:55 PM5/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
On Monday, May 26, 2014 11:15:07 PM UTC+2, Andrea Pirazzini wrote:
Nice Pics!

Soluble supports right?

Nope, PLA supporting PLA.
Separating the support from the tail actually wasn't that problematic. Support on cylindrical (or generally rounded parts) is relatively easy to remove.

Support on flat(ish) parts, like the belly is much more of a problem.
Keeping the temperature at 185-195 deg C is critical for getting support that separates neatly.
Trouble is, some filament doesn't fuse well at <200 deg C, so it ends up delaminating.

I've actually used MeshMixer's tree-like support on the second lion, that's pretty easy to remove, but is a real pain to tweak and get it to print well.
First one was with KISSlicer support.

Printer is a heavily customized ORD Bot Hadron (2 years old now) with Arcol.hu hotend and an 0.35mm nozzle.
The second lion was printed with an E3D hotend and an 0.25mm nozzle.

Andrew Diehl

May 27, 2014, 11:04:39 AM5/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
The multi-material printing seems to be working well for me now :)

Jetguy

May 27, 2014, 2:12:11 PM5/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Man, I am just impressed by the prints in this thread.

Mrs. Lonesock

May 27, 2014, 5:18:09 PM5/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
These are seriously awesome!

lonesock (Jonathan)

May 28, 2014, 1:55:04 AM5/28/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Nice, everyone!

My son (2 years old) loves the train (but he wanted to see it move...I had to explain not everything is a video [8^), and I was forced to place the KISSlicer (text) as my desktop background...Andrew, by any chance did you use the extruder priority feature, or did you use your CAD tool to difference the meshes?

thanks,
Jonathan

Andrew Diehl

May 28, 2014, 9:43:17 AM5/28/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Jonathan, I used CAD to differentiate the meshes.

I tried playing with the extruder priority feature but ran into some bugs if not printed 100% solid.

We should really chat about some things. How can I reach you personally these days? My email is still the same as before.

Also got this printed overnight:

Matt Hoover

May 28, 2014, 12:51:17 PM5/28/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Andrew, Are you manually putting the skirt in through your cad model?
Thanks
Matt

Matthew Welker

May 28, 2014, 3:00:54 PM5/28/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Finally able to print .1mm resolution on my cubex trio.  PLA with PLA supports came off no problem.  Just got my PRO key today, going to try multiple colors next after printing another spool holder.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Jonathan for all your work on KISSlicer, it is out-friggin-standing!!!!!!!!!

My boss and owner of my work have been so impressed with what I'm printing with this cubex, we're going to the Rapid Conference and Expo in Detroit next month to look into purchasing larger machine.  Anyone else going to this?

Thanks again!
20140528_145708.jpg

A. Elias

May 28, 2014, 3:10:36 PM5/28/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I've been getting emails on similar expos for rapid product development.  I can never get the time to go, or get my company to send me to one (I'm in the south east).

Agreed, KISSlicer is amazing!

Andrew Diehl

May 28, 2014, 3:35:58 PM5/28/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Nope, I just use the standard kisslicer skirt to help prime the nozzle for the first layer.

Ante Vukorepa

May 28, 2014, 7:23:51 PM5/28/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Printed this the other day...
Getting the support to behave took a while.

It was either forgetting to support some *very* clear-cut overhangs, or inserting support where it shouldn't be.
What's even more bizarre, sometimes it would support one side of the object, but not the other (despite the angles and overhangs being the same).

Without further ado:

Size reference:

Andrew Diehl

Jun 2, 2014, 7:09:26 AM6/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Had some fun this weekend playing with the support.

Ben²

Jun 2, 2014, 8:56:13 PM6/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
incredible

安德魯·迪爾於2014年6月2日星期一UTC +8下午7時09分26秒寫道:

有一些有趣的這個週末與支持播放。

Mimo

Jun 3, 2014, 3:29:16 PM6/3/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Wow!
Andrew can you share what material it is, is it Pla? The model, kiss setting?
I will love to print that on my Rostock max.

Mimo

Andrew Diehl

Jun 3, 2014, 4:44:08 PM6/3/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:420

I used PET with a separate support material. Medium support, prime pillar, 100% fill. .25mm layers.

Without a separate support material this will be very difficult to remove support from.

Matthew Welker

Jun 4, 2014, 3:59:19 PM6/4/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
It just hit me, why don't I print this, it's been broken for years.

Temp Control Knob.jpg

Robert Eaton

Jun 4, 2014, 5:20:03 PM6/4/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Well now you need to print two more so they all match :-)

Davide Ardizzoia

Jun 6, 2014, 5:11:46 AM6/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

White ABS+HIPS.
14 hrs print time.

Best Regards
Davide Ardizzoia

Lothar Merl

Jun 6, 2014, 2:57:20 PM6/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
WOW!

That beast is HUGE!

I'd like to see a picture of your printer.
Must be filling a small room ;-)

Lothar

Matthew Welker

Jun 6, 2014, 3:32:54 PM6/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Robert, My thoughts exactly!!!!

20140606_152446.jpg

Robert Eaton

Jun 6, 2014, 7:43:07 PM6/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Yes! Much better :-)

On Friday, June 6, 2014 2:32:54 PM UTC-5, Matthew Welker wrote:

Robert, My thoughts exactly!!!!

toranarod

Jun 7, 2014, 3:36:59 AM6/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Car parts

I make this very simple part for a model range of GMH motor vehicles.

This is a small brace that repairs a broken fuel door on the car.

I sell them on Ebay for a few dollars and to date have sold over 200 of them.

http://youtu.be/YuWHFAfkuqk

oncar.jpg

toranarod

Jun 7, 2014, 3:41:00 AM6/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
The printer may be awesome, but who did the CAD work? drawing something like this is a big job in any package.  great Work.  any chance you would share the stl file?

Davide Ardizzoia

Jun 7, 2014, 12:56:08 PM6/7/14
The printer :

http://3ntr.eu/?page_id=583

(ok, ok, there are only renderings here... will add real media asap)

Sorry, but the STL is a real production item... and customer would kill me if I share it.
All I can say, it took weeks of design and validation process to reach the automotive customer specs.
The author is a talented russian engineer, anyway.

best regards
Davide Ardizzoia

Tim Hester

Jun 7, 2014, 5:49:45 PM6/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
AWESOME!!!

From: toranarod <postm...@thehydrogenshop.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2014 00:36:58 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [kisslicer-refugee-camp] Re: PRINT PICS!

Peter Gregory

Jun 7, 2014, 7:39:54 PM6/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com, timhe...@gmail.com
How about a classic game of Tic-Tac-Toe?

Here's a video of the game in action:

http://youtu.be/OA8gYSwJNqs

It was printed on a Cubex Trio using KISSlicer + CubeItNet on a MAC

hakanai

Jun 9, 2014, 5:29:45 PM6/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Here is a video I made for a client when he asked how I made what he asked for:

its a ported speaker enclosure for an art installation. They had all sorts of crazy design goals. It hangs from a swinging pendulum type thing and well, here just have a look if you are interested:

They needed a bunch and they had to be able to handle the heat from the lights so the final 12 made for install were sls nylon

Don

Matt Hoover

Jun 9, 2014, 6:22:17 PM6/9/14
to hakanai, kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Wow, do all delta machines produce such nice quality prints?  Very nice. I might have to buy a mini kossel!

Sent from my iPhone

Rick Zehr

Jun 9, 2014, 7:13:09 PM6/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Nice video! I think that very few people have any idea how much knowledge, skill, and time goes into a 3D print, and that's a great way to show it.

funBart

Jun 10, 2014, 8:14:58 AM6/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
@hakanai:... jealousy is fighting with admiration...
Bart

hakanai

Jun 10, 2014, 11:53:05 AM6/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
hey guys, thanks for the kind words.

Delta bots can be real finicky bastards but they seem to rule the roost when it comes to build area volume (especially height). The kossel is definitely the way I would go for my next kit, but I have drawn up my own rostock derivative I'd like to build as well. The MAX is an OK machine, but takes some customizing and serious tweaking to get it to give you the prints you really want. The kossel has been focused on easing these pains through auto bed level and a more refined overall design. But this is probably a discussion for another thread.

thanks again
Don

Mimo

Jun 10, 2014, 1:58:11 PM6/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
OK machine is a bit of under estimation :)
I know two owners (except you) that gets great prints, but needless to say your movie and print cannot be under estimated, its just brilliant.

A. Elias

Jun 10, 2014, 11:02:59 PM6/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Nothing special, but a mate to an NPT thread for something I'm designing right now.  Had to add an offset to increase the inner diameter of the threaded hole as the plastic shrinks while it cools and always makes holes smaller than they are modeled.

This was first pass success for me, very rare for me..  I've done enough threads now to know the gotchas with them.

0.15mm layers, ABS, Makergear M2

ADam
1-IMG_0243.JPG

Mimo

Jun 16, 2014, 4:05:14 PM6/16/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Well, it might not look like a hard print, but it took me some time to finally nail it.
I tried with other slicers but didnt get anything close to this result, thanks Jonathan!
those are the tail earrings from Dana Bloom collection, one example of the final product is : http://www.dana-bloom-colors.com/#!product/prd1/1065407471/green-blue-tail-earrings
Till now we used UPrint to print those earrings but our UPrint (Stratasys) is not functioning properly so, we are now using our Rostock MAX

Mimo
DB earings.jpg

Miguel FL

Jun 17, 2014, 5:54:30 AM6/17/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Here you have a sample of my work (thanks to KS and CubeItMod). I can not put the whole piece as my customer will not let me.

Natural PLA.
Speed: 25-35-35
Layer: 0'2
Wall Th.: 1'5 mm.
Infill: 50%
Heated Bed: 50ºC (fixed)
Time: 18 hours

Time: 23 hours

Time 16 hours and left 6 hours more

Matej Rozman

Jun 18, 2014, 5:35:05 AM6/18/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

So here are some of mine, have just started to play with my new dual capable machine.

Its all ABS, 0,25mm layer height.

Other than that Ive got some okay prints, Im only missing two things for good dual action. One is bigger prime pillar ( diameter should be bigger than nozzle distance) and possibilitie to place prime pillar manualy.

BTW, printer (2-color models) is own production prototype, and Marvin-keychain from natural ABS is made on own production delta, both soon to be released.

Best regards,

Matej
20140612_094059.jpg
20140618_104132.jpg
20140618_104341.jpg
20140618_105040.jpg

Ricardo de Sena

Jun 19, 2014, 7:23:41 AM6/19/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi evrybadykombinerki, What is the scale of tren? A friend also likes to make dioramas with railroads and trains. Thank you.

Em segunda-feira, 26 de maio de 2014 18h55min53s UTC-3, evrybadykombinerki escreveu:

Nothing very complicatedd here, but I love this "fire and forget" nature of Kisslicer, that helped me to make all the elements right for final assembly..
Thanks!!!

Jesper Lindeberg

Jun 19, 2014, 7:48:11 AM6/19/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Looks like Lego rails.

L gauge1:38 (nominal)38Unofficial designation of toy trains built from LEGO. Equipment can be built to differing widths in relation to the track gauge, and are becoming increasingly popular among persons who grew up with the building toy system. With Technic axles and custom train wheels, it is possible to build Lego trains wider than standard 6-stud wide to fit into any gauge like G or O gauge.

aehm...@web.de

Jun 19, 2014, 10:54:43 AM6/19/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
WP_20140320_08_04_39_Pro.jpg
wp_20140330_18_14_13_rkjsr.jpg

Plexus Brett

Jun 19, 2014, 2:47:04 PM6/19/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Only KISSlicer can slice a Gearotic 2 race bearing such that it comes off the printer with minimal but effective support material under the ball bearings such that pulling the support off the bearings is enough to allow the whole thing to work right away.

P6180851_v1.jpg
P6180853_v1.jpg
P6180852_v1.jpg

Matej Rozman

Jun 20, 2014, 1:58:44 AM6/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
First time printing with soluble support and Im seriously impressed!
Ive printed this before with one head, but was really keen to try to see how well ABS & HIPS work out as a tandem in a little more complex prints.
Anyway, very happy about this, looks like this is the end of unprintable models for me-THANKS to KISSlicer!

Matej

20140620_071536.jpg

Davide Ardizzoia

Jun 20, 2014, 4:16:24 AM6/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

34 Hrs,   Abs+Hips.

...would be nice to get some way to reinforce support: still don't understand why it happens (perhaps bad HIPS spool), but having a way to secure the supporting (alternating direction each xx mm?) would be nice.

Best Regards
Davide Ardizzoia

giovanni...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2014, 5:03:44 AM6/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I've the same problem with PVA but it's not a problem of the bad spool because I've tried to print an object with PVA and it prints well when the path is like "Solid" and the infill is like "Straight infill".
When I try to make supports with PVA the support is not printed well because of the path used by kisslicer to print the support.
I think that for solid interface Jonathan must change the way the whole support is build, the interface must be printed like "Solid Path of the object" and the support must be printed like "Infill Straight path of the object".
Davide you can make a test too, try to print an object with HIPS, if it comes out OK that means your spool is good.
There will be another advantage on making the interface "with the Solid path", by crossing the lines the surface will result smoother than the actual Support interface does and the object printed on these surface will be smoother.

Davide Ardizzoia

Jun 20, 2014, 5:32:03 AM6/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Hello Giovanni,
that spool is almost depleted (large 2.3 Kg spools).
Using solid supporting with crossing at each layer could make mechanical removal a nightmare: rather, I think that having a "support direction swap" each 5-10 mm would help.
If then Jonathan is on the right mood could make "filotto"*  offering us complete control upon support extrusion width (both interface and support) and how often having the "direction swap".

Best Regards
Davide Ardizzoia

*filotto is an italian term used into snooker, when you hit the middle hobs

giovanni...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2014, 5:48:34 AM6/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
The purpose of using PVA and HIPS is to solve the support and not mechanical remove it.
There are still other options to make the support mechanical removable but I think that if we want achieve the best quality we must have an option to set the support this way.

Davide Ardizzoia

Jun 20, 2014, 6:13:33 AM6/20/14
I use exclusively HIPS, and with large parts (as the one I posted today) leaving all that HIPS to be removed chemically is really not that smart.
As limonene isn't all that cheap and HIPS slurry is a PITA .... I tend to use (and I suggest) to revove by hand the bulk of supporting (and KS excels at creating easily removable stuff), then use limonene to remove the interface.
I understand that with PVA this is less than an issue... but PVA is expensive, and I heard that many people take advantage of KS to use PVA just for interface.

Best Regards
Davide Ardizzoia

giovanni...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2014, 6:34:02 AM6/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

I understand that with PVA this is less than an issue... but PVA is expensive, and I heard that many people take advantage of KS to use PVA just for interface.

The problem is the same, if the support is not dense enough the interface with PVA will not be perfectly flat and smooth.
Message has been deleted

Bellevue Fine Art Repro

Jun 20, 2014, 2:13:39 PM6/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

GeckospotNixie

Jun 29, 2014, 7:30:36 AM6/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
toranarod
Looks outstanding!
What printer are you using?
What plastic is it?

On Monday, May 26, 2014 1:13:13 AM UTC-4, toranarod wrote:
I miss show and tell.

I print RC model planes. YES they do fly,  This would be totally impossible if it wasn't for KISSlicer.   No other slicer can make industrial garde engineering.   But this one.

Joseph Chiu

Jun 30, 2014, 2:01:31 PM6/30/14
to Davide Ardizzoia, kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I had an "emergency" request to print parts for my sister and her team participating in a designathon.  There were too many pieces to print on the bed at once, so I used HIPS+ABS to print the parts in a stack, and then just pulled the HIPS supports away.  The HIPS came off pretty easily.  I agree -- if you can mechanically remove the supports most of the way, it's far better than wasting limonene.  In most cases, the HIPS will just peel off the ABS once the print is finished.

https://plus.google.com/110904361150201339125/posts/3Um6AVSo31a

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 3:13 AM, Davide Ardizzoia <ardizzo...@gmail.com> wrote:
I use exclusively HIPS, and with large parts (as the one I posted today) leaving all that HIPS to be removed chemically is really not that smart.
As limonene isn't all that cheap and HIPS slurry is a PITA .... I tend to use (and I suggest) to revove by hand the bulk of supporting (and KS excels at creating easily removable stuff), then use limonene to remove the interface.
I understand that with PVA this is less than an issue... but PVA is expensive, and I heard that many people take advantage of KS to use PVA just for interface.

Best Regards
Davide Ardizzoia

Lawrence LaRocque

Jul 4, 2014, 1:10:22 PM7/4/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Do you design the models yourself or do you get them from a different source. I would be interested in your results and the process. Thanks

NeoTheFoxy

Jul 9, 2014, 4:52:14 PM7/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Ok, so I finally got KS to generate a working gcode, this is my first useful print with it. I am still figuring out how to get everything right, this was printed with supports so the holes can actually be printed ( there is more than simple briges), and came up really nice, exept for one corner. For some reason perimeters adhesion is  poor, i believe it has something to do with KS doing the outer ones first. Would post more soon.

Mrs. Lonesock

Jul 9, 2014, 7:05:33 PM7/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
We have some very skilled printer-technicians in our "camp." NICE JOB, all! Thanks for the 3D eye candy-- Jonathan and I just eat it up!

Colen Casey

Jul 16, 2014, 9:34:53 PM7/16/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Georg Martius

Jul 17, 2014, 3:22:30 PM7/17/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
@toranarod:
Nice airplane. Do you share the model? Would be great!
Thanks
  Georg

toranarod

Jul 17, 2014, 6:22:53 PM7/17/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Yes i will share.  For all the expert 3D printer people out there,  See how you go at printing this.   Remember its weight sensitive and structural strength is also very important.
If you want any other files just say. I crated over a 200 different aircraft files of parts for model planes.  How you use KISSlicer is what will determine if it will every fly.
The challenge was the hole plane except for the electronics was to be 3D printed.
largWing_PT_20mm_open_1_2_3_4_5_6_7_8_A.stp

João Paulo Machado Claro

Jul 21, 2014, 11:35:24 AM7/21/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

evrybadykombinerki

Jul 22, 2014, 5:42:00 AM7/22/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ricardo!
Please excuse me the answer delay. Yes, the loco is modeled to match (first of all) LEGO tracks. Then if you scale it down by the given factor it will match "0" (32mm) gauge.
The STL's are available for purchase and the details are described there (if you're interested, there is also pdf assebly manual linked there to give better understanding of model complexity ):

http://www.toyfabb.com/locomotive-for-lego-track-part-1-of-2.html
or
http://www.ponoko.com/make-your-own/toys/diesel-locomotive-model-that-will-fit-lego-tracks--11629

:)

Ricardo de Sena

Jul 22, 2014, 6:46:43 AM7/22/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

evrybadykombinerki,

No need to apologize, I enjoyed your print engine and wanted to know what your printer and the scale of the train and you already showed what the size of it now we just need to know what your printer and congratulations for the art of design and printing of the train.

evrybadykombinerki

Jul 22, 2014, 8:24:27 AM7/22/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Ah,yes.. the printer model is actually this one:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:21178
Best regards!

Nohtal Partansky

Jul 26, 2014, 5:29:44 PM7/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Matej,

Is that a thingiverse file? It looks like a pretty great example for the need for soluble support.

Merijn van Mourik

Sep 8, 2014, 8:32:30 AM9/8/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Guys!  The prints I see here are are absolutely brilliant! I receive my first 3d printer wednesday.... can't wait.... :-) -- Merijn

funBart

Sep 11, 2014, 2:31:59 PM9/11/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Look at that beautiful Ooze structures growing on the outside of the new Wall Skirt!

Bart

lonesock (Jonathan)

Sep 17, 2014, 2:23:28 PM9/17/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi, everyone!

I would like to update this request a bit.  Given the new Prime Skirt / Wall mode, could a few of you with multiple heads (2 is great, 3 or 4 would be awesome!) snap some pics / videos of a multi-material print job using that feature?  I would love to cherry pick a few images (and/or video) and use them on the KISSlicer website to show people what is new!  Honestly, the website could use a bit more Show-And-Tell.  [8^)

Anyone up for this?  Full credit will be given, with links to your business website or whatever you wish.

thanks,
Jonathan

Isaac Thompson

Sep 17, 2014, 3:36:28 PM9/17/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
i would! but i don't have dual heads....and i haven't yet seen a good mod to add dual head to my printer (typeAmachines plywood model). if anyone knows of one let me know!

Matej Rozman

Sep 18, 2014, 6:10:56 AM9/18/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Hello girls/boys,

here are some of mine, not really particular spectacular pictures, but the prints themselves are!
First is the pump housing made for one major home appliace manufacturer. This was really challenging print, had to be ABS, solid, printed in one and on top of all waterproof.
This was printed with the help of support from HIPS, part itselfe from natural ABS. Hips support was generated with Kisslicer, fine setting and solid support-object interface checked. It wasnt the longest of prints, it was done in about 10 hours.

The other one (black rings) are made with the help of sequential printing feature enabled in kisslicer. The reason why is this rings are printed from TPC (flexible SH 45D), and are somewhat challenging to print. Using sequential printing made this really easy.

All this printed with version 1.4.5.6 , I had problems with later versiones becaose of the skirt-wall feature instead of prime pillar, the prime wall keepd crashing and pealing of the table. It would be great to use it though, but only if one could enable birm for it, so it coud really have some area to stick to the plate.

Thanks for making souch an awesome piece of SW!

Best regards to all,

Matej

Jaime García Villena

Oct 31, 2014, 6:02:47 AM10/31/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I've recently set up my printer with dual heads, as soon as I tune them up finely enough and get some time (maybe saturday or sunday) I'll post a video. I'm working on tuning your supports settings now, HIPS and ABS.

Do you have any preferences on which model to be made?

Greetings

Jaime García Villena