Source repo

Alan Burns

Apr 17, 2014, 8:03:35 AM4/17/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi
How do people get access to the source and bug tracker?
Usually as part of my feasibility review I look at the bug turnover and amount of commits but it seems there is no peer-review here O_o

This is a bit of a concern to me, I'm unsure if the secrecy is out if fear or ignorance..
Both are not acceptable to me.

Thanks
Alan

Tim Hester

Apr 17, 2014, 9:13:54 AM4/17/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Kisslicer is a commercial endeavor, not open source. Customer support, ie bug reporting, was through the Kisslicer forums. That forum was overrun when the enterprise was abandoned sometime late last year.

This forum is now the only support.

There have been reports of renewed interest from the owner (Jonathon) of Kisslicer, but the only hard proof of an ongoing commercial entity is the fact that you can still buy a Pro key. The last public contact from Jonathon has been more than 6 months ago, IIRC.

Kisslicer is still a great tool, but you should look at it from the perspective of "what you see is what you get". You should not have any expectation of any updates.

I'm sympathetic to folks being busy and the reality that Kisslicer might not have reached the level of success to offer Jonathon a level of support such that he didn't require a full time job. I get that.

Unless he's been in a coma there is simply no excuse for having simply vanished with zero contact to his customer base. Unacceptable on every level. It's unprofessional and disrespectful.

From: Alan Burns <alanr...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 05:03:35 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [kisslicer-refugee-camp] Source repo

Alan Burns

Apr 17, 2014, 9:36:13 AM4/17/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Maybe if there was peer-review a community would have kept it alive but I guess greed and selfishness is more important.

Let me know when you little bitches grow up ;)

PenskeGuy

Apr 19, 2014, 9:11:32 PM4/19/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Seriously? WTF? Might do well to follow your own words. Wow.

bob cousins

Apr 20, 2014, 8:01:12 AM4/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I think it's what they call "drive-by trolling" :)

toranarod

Apr 21, 2014, 6:54:15 PM4/21/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Forums. LOL. They are just so much fun.