Help! KS 1.0.9 RPM setting vs KS 1.1.0.4 Gain value?

perolalars

Jun 25, 2014, 1:40:24 PM6/25/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Hi
I have used KS 1.0.9 up until today!
Now I want to update to KS 1.1.0.4
Since I have an old rapman 3.1 with a custom built extruder I have had a setting of 1,95 RPM/mm filament.
But I cant get my head around what I should set the Gain value to match that setting.
Please anybody have a clue?
Regards
Per

lonesock (Jonathan)

Jun 26, 2014, 12:04:23 AM6/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

In the code I have this line:

BfB_mm_per_rev = 1.08f;

So KISSlicer is defaulting to 0.926 [rev/mm].  If you want 1.95 [rev/mm], I believe you would need a gain of 2.106.  I am not entirely sure, since my BfB-based-math is a bit rusty, and you mentioned the units [RPM / mm]...was the RPM actually just revolutions?

Jonathan

Sergey Afonin

Jun 26, 2014, 1:58:08 AM6/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have also RapMan 3.1DH
RapMan has gearing 14:17 inside extruder and 1 mm/rev moving bolt thread.
So correct value is 0.83 mm/rev and 1.2 rev/mm. I set 0.85 gearing in KS and it works fine.

Sergey

perolalars

Jun 26, 2014, 4:14:27 AM6/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jonathan and Sergey
And thanks for help. Now I know where to start tuning!
And of course Jonathan, Youre right, its mm/rev not rpm/mm!!
Sergey as I mentioned in my first post I have a custom built extruder feeding the filament (much better then BFB original, I will upload some images later) so the feed rate 14:17 dont apply here, but thanks anyway!
Regards
Per

Per Petersson

Sep 9, 2014, 12:20:35 PM9/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Just forgotten to upload images on my custom extruder for Rapman 3.1
Here they are!

IMAG0136.png
IMAG0139.png
IMAG0140.png