BFB Extruders

Matt Hoover

Jun 9, 2014, 11:55:41 AM6/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

This community probably has the most bfb machines that I can reach out to for advise, so sorry if its not a kisslicer only question.  I have a bfb 3d touch machine which I primarily used extruder 1 for many years until recently I have been having a lot of issues with feeding and temp/flow issues.  I have taken it apart as far as possible and cleaned it but am still struggling with it.  I since have switched to my second extruder as my primary so I feel that its time to buy a rebuild kit or upgrade to another style hot end.  Has anyone had success in putting a new upgraded extruder on their machine?  If you could share any feedback with me I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Matt

toranarod

Jun 9, 2014, 8:45:45 PM6/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I have the complete how to on this.  I have been using MY 3d touch with my  version of a Maker bot MK 6 nozzle.  I had the same issue with my 3d touch hot end.
They just wear out   and drift all over the place. is a combination of a few issues.
I will write up a how to convert and supply photos.

The 3D Touch is still a far better printer than it's replacement the CubeX.  I have both printers and with all the modification on the CubeX the 3D touch still out prints the CubeX.
I have them sometime printing the same object side by side.  always 3D touch wins hands down.  The only reason for it is the the touch run 3 mm filament and keep better hot end feed rate because of the filament drive system. all this talk about moving all that mass of aluminium around is rubbish.
Cubx4.jpg
touch.jpg

Matt Hoover

Jun 9, 2014, 8:55:07 PM6/9/14
to toranarod, kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much, I have put a lot of money in the heated bed and frame rails, relocated the z home and on and on. I really like this printer and want to continue using it. I look forward to your write up. :)
Matt

Sent from my iPhone
<Cubx4.jpg>
<touch.jpg>

Joerg

Jun 10, 2014, 4:57:03 PM6/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com, postm...@thehydrogenshop.com
 Hi

I have an Rapman and after two years and some kilos of PLA my hotend leaked, so i decided to change it. I have also built an other feeder and since then I have only few Problems with stalled filament.

P1000405 (Small).JPG