Bridging.... how to with KISSlicer 1.1.0.14

Glenn Goodman

Apr 14, 2014, 7:40:16 PM4/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I am new to KISSlicer and like it so far.  Most of my education has been through Steve Graber who has been excellent at guiding me along...  My question is with bridging... I tried running a model that I found on thingversse http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:42074  I had to add a fake support under the ball to get that to print but my issue came when I got to the top part.  I bridge failed completely.  I could not find any way to change any settings so here I am asking...  Any help is appreciated.

 the broken legs was caused by me playing with it... it printed good.

Printing in PLA

get-attachment.jpg

Peter Gregory

Apr 14, 2014, 9:41:39 PM4/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

It looks like it printed without supports.

Do you have supports turned on?

Glenn Goodman

Apr 15, 2014, 6:46:20 PM4/15/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
This is what I have for support settings

Joseph Chiu

Apr 15, 2014, 8:08:27 PM4/15/14
to Glenn Goodman, kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
In my experience, KISSlicer doesn't do well with bridges.  It seems to assume that everything is built sufficiently well on top of a previous layer of print or support.  Bridges happen only in the sense that the perimeters of a bridged area usually sits on top of previous layers (usually some kind of "table legs") -- and if the infill strokes are small enough, they tend to connect between the perimeters and stay put.  But large surfaces generally fail unless supports are turned on.

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 3:46 PM, Glenn Goodman <triax...@gmail.com> wrote:
This is what I have for support settings

Isaac Thompson

Apr 16, 2014, 6:43:42 PM4/16/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
support Z-roof (mm) is set to 2, this means it will not try to print support for anything above 2mm off the platform. I have not found any way to get reliable bridging with Kisslicer. the best i've been able to do is print with at least .2mm layer height, turn the fan on full for "solid infill" (it helps to have a fan duct so the cooling air is pointed right at the piece being printed) and slow the print speed WAY down for solid infill. the minimum speed setting is found under the printer -> speed tab. i think slowing the acceleration down a lot would help with bridging also. the problem with all these settings, is they affect the whole part (making it print really slow), and not just bridges.