KISSlicer 1.2.0.1 (2013-06-25a)

Jonathan Wong (chylld)

Dec 18, 2013, 5:41:14 PM12/18/13
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
This is the latest build of KISSlicer that I have, dated June 25th 2013.

I post this without Jonathan's permission, but until he returns to the scene and does a proper release, it would be a shame if there are bugfixes/improvements here that would otherwise go unused.

I have been using this build since release without issue :)
KISSlicer32 1.2.0.1 20130625a.exe.7z
KISSlicer64 1.2.0.1 20130625a.exe.7z

funBart

Dec 18, 2013, 6:11:42 PM12/18/13
Thanks! Do you know what the main changes / fixes / new introduced bugs are comparing the official 1.1.0 release?
Bart

Jonathan Wong (chylld)

Dec 19, 2013, 5:21:04 AM12/19/13
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Since 1.1.0 RC4 (25/4/13) :

- fixed 0 wipe and pillar raft
- clears paths on transform
- segregates submeshes
- changed wipe checkbox text
- flips triangles
- submesh slicing progressing
- seam angle
- preliminary sub-mesh overlap
- fixed some bugs
- can load multiple STLs into a single model
- label all model names
- fixed multi-STL bug
- transform keeps main groups
- fixed a mixup when the triangles were reordered

(I don't have any more detailed descriptions)

aaron ramsey

Dec 20, 2013, 10:33:21 AM12/20/13
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
This is great. Thanks for posting that. My latest version was a 32 bit sub-mesh fix from slightly earlier so this is very appreciated!

Nathaniel Buckner

Dec 20, 2013, 2:34:11 PM12/20/13
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Works excellently! Thanks for all the hard work!

funBart

Dec 20, 2013, 7:02:25 PM12/20/13
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody, has someone the MAC version of this beta available by any chance?
Message has been deleted

PenskeGuy

Dec 23, 2013, 1:09:59 AM12/23/13
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, chylld. My previous latest build was 1.2.0.1, dated 6/12/13.

funBart

Dec 23, 2013, 11:57:03 AM12/23/13
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I didn't understand the new "submeshes" thing, as I thought it was something to be in the model when exporting.
But from what I have seen, it's about loading stl's in Kisslicer. When you select more stl's at once and drag them into KS, they are seen as 1 stl and blended together like a Boolean operation (unifying) normally in the modeler would do
The stl's imported has to be manifold / error free as normal: then KS will slice the two joined stl's as one object.
As Dirtysteve pointed out, this is for example great to add a brim to the model, without having to go into the modeler and manually add it.
Or did I miss something in this new feature?

I assume it was targeting at the planned dual colored objects feature as well. I hope we will see that feature when Jonathan returns.

Bart

funBart

Dec 23, 2013, 5:26:46 PM12/23/13
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I got a respond of Dirty Steve, copied below, with a correction. Couldn't copy this behavior: with me the together loaded stl's kept their relative position and -not unimportant- sliced well. BTW, I used the version as posted in this thread.

Dirty Steve:
It's not that loading multiple stl files will come in with an origin of 0,0,0. KS will still auto-arrange the seperate stls. It handles a single stl, with multiple meshes in it, so the seperate meshes need to be in a single stl. Separate meshes do still need to be error free.

Earlier versions wouldn't handle separate intersecting meshes.

funBart

Dec 23, 2013, 5:43:43 PM12/23/13
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I got the same results with Kisslicer (kept relative position and correct slice) with the following two scenarios:
  1. In the modeler I selected two intersecting meshes and exported them together. The two meshes were not joined together with a Boolean operation or so. Earlier versions of KS would have messed up that, because it isn't manifold. But this version recognizes that the stl contains two meshes and is slicing them properly. (As the would have Booleaned together in the modeler)
  2. In the modeler I exported the two meshes separately and imported them together by drag and drop in KS. From what I have seen, they kept their relative position and sliced correctly. So, the same result as the first scenario
  3. BTW: Importing the two stl's separately in KS was resulting in the 'normal'  behavior, both placed separately on the plate (auto-placed).
I made some screenshots of it, hoping to be more clear about it.
I assume I'm not the only one wondering about this feature, so therefore posting it. Can someone maybe give a reaction about this all?

Rick Zehr

Dec 30, 2013, 2:45:02 PM12/30/13
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I'll second the Mac request - any know of a Mac version later than 1.1.0.14? 64-bit like the release?

Florian Horsch

Jan 12, 2014, 3:17:58 PM1/12/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hey everybody,

very good to have this group online. It's really confusing that Jonathan isn't available for anybody. Let's hope for the best.

Until then... (I really hope Jonathan is ok with this) there's a Mac version in my download folder named "KISSlicer_Mac_no_jitter.zip", which shows version 1.2.0.0 and is dated to 6/17/2013. Find it attached to this post.

PLEASE use it with caution, as I don't know if it's working or in what shape this build is.

Two questions:
- Does anybody know what's missing in this one compared to 1.2.0.1?
- Does anybody have 1.2.0.1 for MacOSX?

I try to reach out to Jonathan - had success with it over the last months from time to time. I keep you posted.
Florian
KISSlicer_Mac_no_jitter.zip

Rick Zehr

Jan 12, 2014, 3:27:22 PM1/12/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Any idea what the No Jitter refers to? The only visible change is an angle wheel near the jitter setting.

funBart

Jan 13, 2014, 3:45:46 PM1/13/14
I tried the jitter function (with the mac version 1.2.0.0), as well the seam cross hiding and made some screens that IMO speak for themselves.

JITTER

SEAM HIDING

Rick Zehr

Jan 13, 2014, 3:43:55 PM1/13/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Good explanations - Thanks!

funBart

Jan 13, 2014, 4:01:00 PM1/13/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
PLEASE use it with caution, as I don't know if it's working or in what shape this build is.

Two questions:
- Does anybody know what's missing in this one compared to 1.2.0.1?

I compared the mac version 1.2.0.0 with the window version 1.2.0.1 and  the main difference is for sure that the Mac version isn't processing sub-meshes like the windows version.
When importing two stl's by drag and drop in de windows version they are blended together as one mesh when slicing. The mac version won't.

Windows 1.2.0.1

Mac 1.2.0.0:

A. Elias

Jan 13, 2014, 4:06:15 PM1/13/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!  I ran some tests last night on some test prints. I saw my pimples decrease as a reduced my Seam Hiding coefficient. I am running a 0.35mm nozzle, which typically extrudes at 0.40mm but I've had good luck in KISS using 0.32mm for perimeters (nice tight tolerances {+/- 0.15mm} on external and interior geometries).  I may bump this back up to 0.40mm and adjust the Seam Hiding to see if the pimples go away.  I may have to the wipe feature again as well as adjust suck rate under material.

Thanks for the information.  I'll also try to upgrade to the newest version post in the forum.

A. Elias

Jan 14, 2014, 12:46:50 AM1/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Never tried to increase my perimeters to 0.40mm as un-checking the perimeter from inside to outside removed any pimples on my test prints along with a 0.5 seam hiding setting.  I hope to do more testing on a few more test prints.  My test print was a thin walled part two times my nominal nozzle diameter which equates to 0.70mm.

funBart

Jan 14, 2014, 12:46:19 PM1/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi, keep us posted! Do you have some picts going with  the test results?

Rob Hall

Jan 15, 2014, 7:28:35 PM1/15/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
no chance someone has the linux version of this around

max72

Jan 22, 2014, 7:34:41 AM1/22/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Did you try using the windows version under wine? There is a performance slow down, but last time I did it it worked fine and it was not so much slower...

Massimo

Radus

Jan 31, 2014, 12:01:38 PM1/31/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello i think  seam hidding must be better !

Now seam with blobs on perimeter and hidding option gets poor result.
But if make new algorithm for connects perimeter, blobs go to inside and it is be good.

See picture:

Rick B

Feb 3, 2014, 12:17:07 AM2/3/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
For some reason the kisslicer 64 bit version posted at the beginning of this post gives me an error when I try to run it.
When I run the .exe file, it gives me an error: "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're running. .... I am trying the 64bit kisslicer.exe on a Windows7 64bit pc.
Any help??
thank you
Message has been deleted

Dan Oriani

Feb 4, 2014, 11:10:40 AM2/4/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hey Rick, I'm currently running the x64 build on my Windows 8 box.
Are you absolutely sure you're running a 64bit version of Win7?

Rick B

Feb 4, 2014, 12:31:06 PM2/4/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello Dan,
Yes, I double checked.
The two kisslicer versions 1.2.0.1 files (32 and 64) at the beginning of this post show that they are 788kb and 986kb.
When I download them, they show 577kb and 721kb ???
Also, to run the downloaded file from above, you have to remove the ".7z" at the end of the file, correct??
Would you mind posting your working file?
thank you much,
Rick

A. Elias

Feb 4, 2014, 12:41:22 PM2/4/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
.7z is a compressed file type.  You need the free 7-zip tool to extract the files inside the archive.

ADam

Robert Eaton

Feb 4, 2014, 12:43:46 PM2/4/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
.7z is a compression format (7-zip).
You have to uncompress (unzip) the file to use it.

Rick Zehr

Feb 4, 2014, 3:02:00 PM2/4/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
If you double-click the downloaded file, it should unpack itself into usable code. If you didn't, that certainly would keep the file from running. The file sizes you mention  are probably related to compressed vs. uncompressed files.

Rick B

Feb 5, 2014, 1:27:47 AM2/5/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Oooops,
I feel dumb.
Need to download 7-zip.
thanks for the help.

A. Elias

Feb 5, 2014, 8:30:26 AM2/5/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Actually I tried this last night, I just edited the file extension to remove the .7z from the .exe.7z  It seemed to have worked fine then.

ADam

Yahya Ahmed

Feb 5, 2014, 2:11:24 PM2/5/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,
Does anyone have profile settings for the BFB-3000 printer? Axon is not making the object solid and the printer quality isn't good. So, I tried KISSlicer but my printer (BFB3000) stops after it starts running the fans.

Printer :BFB3000 single head
Firmware: V4.2.2
Filament: PLA 3mm
Software: KISSlicer64
Thanks

toranarod

Feb 10, 2014, 1:09:00 PM2/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

This is interesting

KISSlicer version 1.2.0.1 will not do a hollow  object  Can somebody check this?

if you create a cube with all faces closed but hollow inside when it creates the Gcode model it turns in into a solid

do you know this? now we need Jonathan.

 I have attached a file off the object I make, The walls are hollow until you slice it.

Looks like a bug in the program.

On Thursday, 19 December 2013 09:41:14 UTC+11, Jonathan Wong (chylld) wrote:
This is the latest build of KISSlicer that I have, dated June 25th 2013.

I post this without Jonathan's permission, but until he returns to the scene and does a proper release, it would be a shame if there are bugfixes/improvements here that would otherwise go unused.

I have been using this build since release without issue :)
MicoStarBOX_+28Ver9.stl

Rick Zehr

Feb 10, 2014, 1:30:28 PM2/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Check your Infill percentage on the Style panel, and extrusion width for Infill. I sliced it at 50% Infill using 1.1.0.14, and the walls are hollow.

toranarod

Feb 10, 2014, 1:39:36 PM2/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Here is another object 5 mm wall and hollow inside,
can some please check this
EmtyBox.stl

toranarod

Feb 10, 2014, 1:47:09 PM2/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thank you .
Yes is ok on version 1.1.0.14
I may need to go back to this one until Jonathan Is released from 3D system  He being help prisoner Until he shows them how to write a descent Software.
He will never break.lol

Rick Zehr

Feb 10, 2014, 1:49:38 PM2/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Right you are. Sliced with 1.2.0.0 on Mac, using 10% infill, the walls come out solid.

toranarod

Feb 11, 2014, 3:43:18 AM2/11/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I am going to stay with this version the way it works is nice I can work around the infill in hollow walls.  the other things way out way this bug.  keep an eye in it.
Caught me by surprise was expecting the pint to Finnish long time ago.

thanks for testing need outside opinion with this kid of thing.

Cheers

toranarod

Feb 11, 2014, 6:17:20 AM2/11/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I have been working on KISSlicer all Day. I was wrong there is something going on with 1.2 .0.1 Or not going on.
Until Jonathan comes back i have decided to go back to the previous version.

Oh I hope Jonathan returns soon.

Cheers

auctio...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2014, 1:14:26 PM2/11/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
As tested this morning, yes it is also a problem for 1.2.0.1 Windows x64 version, your provided hollow stl wrongly slices.it to a solid in 1.2.0.1, but slices correctly/hollow in 1.1.0.14.  So for me it's also back to the old released version, it has a few annoying interface bugs, but has a proven track record with my with stls's (simple-complex geometry), always confident it slices correctly as proven by my printed results.

Maybe the the 1.2.0.1 should be noted as having a major bug and or pulled off from being downloaded.

Matej Rozman

Feb 11, 2014, 2:01:07 PM2/11/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Reading trough this thread, give it a go with win86 and same over here, treated as solid.
To bad, was wery happy with 1.2.xxxx, hope there is not much else wrong with it, I really like using it.

Matej Rozman

Feb 12, 2014, 6:49:41 AM2/12/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Think I have just got it why is this hollow cube treated as a solid one.
As you know 1.2.xxx treats multiple meshes and booleans them. I think its becaose this gives more freedom to bad meshes.
So what it does, it takes hollow cube as two seperate meshes and booleans them into one. So if taken this way, the slicer behaves as it should and therefore this is no bug. At least not in my opinion.
Hope it clarifyes why this behaviour and can therefore be predicted.

Regards, Matej

toranarod

Feb 12, 2014, 7:20:01 AM2/12/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Ok I do a bit of programming I understand the use of the Boolean expression. Don' quite get where you are coming from but I will go with the concept it is not a bug
but an attribute of his code. It would be nice if you could turn of the algorithm.    I want my box to have hollow walls And i like a program to do as it is told.

Rick Zehr

Feb 12, 2014, 9:14:26 AM2/12/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
You may be connect, as I had noticed that when you import the cube, it comes in as five separate meshes. How it determines this is not clear to me, and certainly not the expected behavior.

funBart

Feb 12, 2014, 10:11:46 AM2/12/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi, from what I understood this 1.2 beta's were the first releases mainly regarding to the new to add function for dual (or more) colored objects. So not only dual colored support, but dual colored objects with support.

So I think this versions are really not finished regarding that dual colored  objects, but only are the first step: to recognize different meshes.
Of course that boolean function got more benefits (as to add a brim / sombrero mode), but I suppose not finished at all by now.

For me: I got a good working boolean of sub meshes with the latest windows version (1.2.01), and that same function not working with the latest Mac version.

I suggest not to use those beta's, but the official builds for more predictable results. Unless you would like to play with the submesh function and some other small changes as the jitter angle.

Bart

funBart

Feb 12, 2014, 10:13:12 AM2/12/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi, from what I understood this 1.2 beta's were the first releases mainly regarding to the new to add function for dual (or more) colored objects. So not only dual colored support, but dual colored objects with support.

So I think this versions are really not finished regarding that dual colored  objects, but only are the first step: to recognize different meshes.
Of course that boolean function got more benefits (as to add a brim / sombrero mode), but I suppose not finished at all by now.

For me: I got a good working boolean of sub meshes with the latest windows version (1.2.0.1), and that same function not working with the latest Mac (1.2.0.0) version.

I suggest not to use those beta's, but the official builds for more predictable results. Unless you would like to play with the submesh function and some other small changes.
Bart

Rick Zehr

Feb 12, 2014, 10:14:23 AM2/12/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I personally haven't noticed any issues with the 1.2.0.0 on the Mac, but the Jitter angle is proving to be very useful for my new product.

Stephen Eaton

Feb 13, 2014, 1:40:31 AM2/13/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Can anyone post or PM me a link for a Mac version?

Thanks

funBart

Feb 13, 2014, 4:35:43 PM2/13/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
KISSlicer_Mac_1.2.0.0 no_jitter (1).zip

Stephen Eaton

Feb 18, 2014, 2:57:55 AM2/18/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
many thanks

Hytek3D

Mar 5, 2014, 8:55:29 PM3/5/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
None of it works so just get rid of the cubex dou or trio.
There is nothing out there that can help the cubex printers.
Jonathon got paid and forgot about the little people.
Spam is a bullshit excuse

toranarod

Mar 5, 2014, 11:13:26 PM3/5/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
You are totally right about the hole situation. I don't blame him . If he got a big fat chunk of money to not support the 3D systems CubeX and the other 2. The 3D touch and the Repman.  I think he did.  After all we all want Money that's why we work.   He was such a good coder I bet he got a job with them for life.
I also think the Spam was 3D systems finishing off the competition.       It was there version of a mercy killing.

But this is the problem for them there is a lot of theses printers out there and any programmer or any body with a bit of engineering is going to make a shit load of money
filling the void left by Jonathan.  I hope 3D system has deep pockets because they are going to need it.

The only thing wrong with the printer is its software support. Currently at the moment don't Fix what is not broken. So I am not going to throw the baby out with the bath water.
I have more metaphors. lol
The printer work great and the software we do have is doing a good job. we don't know what is around the coroner. There is talk of Cura and other s filling the void.

Also you can always replace the controller that works plenty of the around.

3D SYSTEMS TOTAL SUCK.  no doubt  about that. They should be charged with unfair business practises.  Made to pay compensation to all the people they have ripped off.

Florian Horsch

Mar 6, 2014, 2:52:28 AM3/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Is it official that Jonathan got hired/bought by 3DS?

I've heard similar rumours yesterday. Differently asked: Can anybody confirm that Jonathan is healthy and still alive?

That would be more important to me than knowing that he left his slicer project behind (which is another tragedy in itself).

Thanks!
Florian

Matej Rozman

Mar 6, 2014, 3:34:09 AM3/6/14
to Florian Horsch, kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I think it is safe to assume he was bought out from one of the big ones. This is not the first time something like this happened with good software (not neccesery 3d printing related).

The other thing that bugs me is the other slicers like Simplify 3D witch is very close to be very good alternative to kiss if not much better. Its also close source like kiss was and therefore we have no guarantie that similar thing cannot happen with them.

I think its best to keep supporting open source slicers (Cura, Slic3r, ...) as much as we can. This is the only way that we can guarantie ourselfes ongoing developement of the software. Even if things go bad/down/wrong, the source is still there so any fresh developement wouldnt be from zilch.

Best regards,
Matej

Matej Rozman

Robicomp d.o.o.
Koroska 37a
3320 Velenje

Office:  +38659022050
Fax:     +38659022051
Mobile: +38640188669
gotovi....@gmail.com
www.carbonautica.com

petermitchell68

Mar 6, 2014, 5:49:33 AM3/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com, Florian Horsch
All he had to do is place a status on his website stating that production and development had now ended and thanking everyone for their support..that's all i would have taken. Im not bitter that he vanished just after I upgraded to the Pro version, I am bitter that I have been waiting around in the hope that he returns and carries on with Kisslicer. I have now moved to Cura .

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kisslicer-refugee-camp.

funBart

Mar 6, 2014, 12:54:45 PM3/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com, Florian Horsch
I'm with Florian: first concern is if he is ok. All speculations and conspiracy theories on other reasons he abandoned Kisslicer and it's users are meaningless for now. So I suggest everybody keeps polite, as there is no reason to be angry based on assumptions.

Nevertheless, when it actually turns out there wasn't a legitimate reason for not informing us properly, I have to translate some Dutch curse-words as well....

"Moderator"Bart

funBart

Mar 6, 2014, 1:05:32 PM3/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Is it official that Jonathan got hired/bought by 3DS?

I bought 3Ds a month ago and had some email contact with them, also talking about Jonathan and KS. They gave the impression they had no contact with him.

Clayton Webster of S3D:
 That's great to hear that there are users helping each other out.  I can imagine it must be a mixed bag having a discussion like that on a KISSlicer forum.  I'm sure there are some die hard KISSlicer users there, the same way our forum would reach to a conversation about MakerWare or something like that!  Jonathan has done some great work though and we all hope he is okay.  Open-source projects are great, and I have actually worked on several during my 3D printing career as well.  I authored one of the open-source firmwares several years ago which is still used on machines today.  It is great to have those resources available to the community, but I also think there will be some big benefits to having a commercial software company driving the software development.  It's going to be a great year!
Bart

Florian Horsch

Mar 6, 2014, 1:10:44 PM3/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Bart for clarifying.

Just a note from my side: With 3DS I meant 3D Systems. That was the wild rumour I've heard. But that was NOT based on any soft or hard facts. Just a wild guess by somebody.

Take care
Florian

Matej Rozman

Mar 6, 2014, 1:11:49 PM3/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bart,
I dont think Florian had in mind Simplify 3D. I think this was connected to somewhat larger company making both, sw and hw.

BTW, how are you happy with S3D? Not having much luck miselfe :(

funBart

Mar 6, 2014, 1:26:56 PM3/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
O yes, sorry, the same letters/numbers but in another order ;-) S3D/3DS. Well we will see if he surfaces there. At first I will be happy when he's allright..

About Simplify 3D: I have used it and tweaked it with descend results. But I had twice a stalled print because of some code inserted when using the possibility for a smaller layer height at a given height (processes they were called I think). There can be two reasons for that stall: first of course the unwanted Gcode inserted by S3D, but it can be the postprocessor (GPX) as well translating that Gcode to a x3d code resulting in a stall.
Too much trouble to investigate further, as I'm happy with Kisslicer and Cura is doing the job better regarding dual colored prints and support.
Mind you: that expensive Simplify3D isn't capable to print dual AND generate support that makes sense: it simply generates support for the two colors(stl's) without respect to the other color. So the support of the one is crossing through the other color/stl.
There is a way to generate manual support, but that's not working properly as well. I figured out a workaround (if people want to now how, let it hear), but at the end it's to much work, as Cura does to job without problems for dual colored objects with support and Kisslicer for objects with support with the other extruder.
dualBart

Rick Zehr

Mar 6, 2014, 1:54:44 PM3/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
S3D is also missing a key feature for me: you can't specify the range of angles within which "random" start points should be used. For my product, it is the only way to "hide" the blivets and divots, the pits and zits from periphery start/end points. So for now, I'm stuck with KS, although I'd sure like the variable layer height that S3D and Slic3r offer.

Matej Rozman

Mar 6, 2014, 1:57:51 PM3/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I hear ya Rick, same here.
Alhough just today I was browsing on S3D forum and there is a romour that this feature will be included in the upcoming release. I feel a little bit better now :)

funBart

Mar 6, 2014, 2:15:39 PM3/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm sure S3D will develop more and more. They suggested already that a more smart support for dual objects will be included in the future. But that's a basic function IMO, It's always the question they will add 'smaller' features, as it will make the slicer complex. And S3D IS complex IMO, even more then Slic3D.
Another annoying and basic thing missing: you can't define two filament diameters in a process when printing dual. You have to define one, and the second one has to be flow tweaked in relation the the first. Of course after some high school math you figure it out, but it's all work that could have been avoided.
The idea of using processes to define the slice is nice, but complicated as well. For example: with two processes for an object, it's automatically leaving out the startcode of the second process, but not the generating of an raft. You get a warning though.
Also: when defining multiple objects on a plate with different processes, you have to assign them to them individually. Mistakes are made easily, as there is no visual feedback.
For dual colored objects: you only can define ONE on the plate, more dual colored objects are not possible yet.
I assume all will become more foolproof, as S3D developes.

foolBart

toranarod

Mar 6, 2014, 7:33:04 PM3/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
All I want them to do is support the CubeX or the 3D touch.   I would buy there software in a flash if they could get a g code file to run on my BFB machines