symmetrically centered infill

frozen...@yahoo.com

Sep 24, 2014, 2:01:55 AM9/24/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Playing around with % infill being symmetrical and centered to the print, I ran across something a little odd. It seems that Skin Thickness causes infill to shift off center.

Any work around for this? I'm doing some prints internally lit with LEDs and would like to keep the infill centered with higher skin thicknesses.
skin_0mm.jpg
skin_1mm.jpg

lonesock (Jonathan)

Sep 24, 2014, 12:54:24 PM9/24/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Interesting!  I have honestly never considered that!  I would not really be able to calculate the offset per-island per-layer, since each layer's sparse infill needs to bond with the previous layer's sparse infill, so it's a bit tricky.  And the resolution would still be the same as the extrusion width.  So, I could probably set it up so the pattern is centered in X and Y around the exact center-of-mass for each sub-mesh, which I could see working for some cases, and not for others.  Or, commit the ultimate crime and add new "Sparse Infill Pattern Offset X & Y" settings.  [8^)

Thoughts?

Jonathan

andre...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2014, 4:20:41 PM9/24/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Why not just create hollow objects, and put in the infill manually?

Jonathan, I think another great feature would be to allow KISSlicer to understand single planes as single lines of extrudate. Then, you could just manually make the planes where you want single lines of extrusion to go and thereby create your own infill. It would also allow one to make thin walls and not have to do that silly game where you set the wall thickness to some amount + the extrusion thickness if you want one-thick walls and still get some holes due to the granularity of KISSlicer

Joris [van Tubergen]

Sep 24, 2014, 5:17:33 PM9/24/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
FYI and for what it is worth: there is such a setting in Cura under expert settings and then 'black magic'...
For the 3D print canal house we generate gcode straight from rhino grasshopper to be sure which paths are followed...

cheers \ joris

[btw I like google groups, so far this is the only way what fits my workflow: email]

frozen...@yahoo.com

Sep 24, 2014, 10:31:11 PM9/24/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I am able to shift the infill around by adding a single polygon face to the model and offsetting the relative center of the infill.

Davide Ardizzoia

Sep 26, 2014, 2:51:54 AM9/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
RESPECT!|

I would be very happy to have a beer (or more) with you, Frozen.

Best Regards
Davide Ardizzoia