2.5.17 and 3.2.1 Release Candidates Available For Testing

Michael Babker

Dec 15, 2013, 8:23:13 PM12/15/13
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com, jtes...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!

We are pleased to announce that release candidate packages for pre-release testing of the upcoming 2.5.17 and 3.2.1 releases are now available.  Please note that these are *NOT* intended for use on a production website; these packages are made available for pre-release testing to ensure a smooth update process and that there are no critical issues preventing normal operation of the CMS.

Here are the links to the download packages:

Updates can be tested from within the CMS by setting the options for the update component so that the Update server is set to Testing.

If any bugs are encountered during testing, please report them to the Issue Tracker at http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker/?action=TrackerItemBrowse&tracker_id=8103 so they can be reviewed and patched.

Leo Lammerink

Dec 15, 2013, 10:45:48 PM12/15/13
to jtes...@googlegroups.com, joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Tracker seems broken. I click on any summary on the Issue Tracker and I get:
Error
Call to undefined function renderAssociationList()

Michael Babker

Dec 15, 2013, 11:32:45 PM12/15/13
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com, jtes...@googlegroups.com
For those who prefer to read code, I'd suggest https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/compare/3.2.0...master for 3.2.1 and https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/compare/2.5.16...2.5.x for 2.5.17 to see the commit-by-commit changes.  For those looking for tracker items, http://developer.joomla.org/version-3-2-1-release-notes.html currently encompasses all tracker activity since the last release date (still need to go through and filter out the 2.5 specific items from there and create the 2.5.17 page).

On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 10:24 PM, Andrew Eddie <mamb...@gmail.com> wrote:
Michael, is there an easy way to find out what's been changed to focus the testing?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Andrew Eddie

Leo Lammerink

Dec 18, 2013, 11:56:02 AM12/18/13
to joomla-...@googlegroups.com, jtes...@googlegroups.com
This was confirmed by 4 individual testers on Joomlacode. Why is this not in the 2.5.17 release where we have tested as idiots to get this resolved before release?

Leo

Nick Savov

Dec 18, 2013, 2:57:13 PM12/18/13
to jtes...@googlegroups.com
Hi Leo,

This list is only for announcements and it is not for discussions. Please
use the JCMS mailing list instead. Looks like you already have a post on
there with your question:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/joomla-dev-cms/c-VQEJDIIfk/7jujMZNWJgoJ

Thanks,
Nick
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jtesters/a8797dcd-24e7-428e-8a57-53b82cd66335%40googlegroups.com.

brody ross

Dec 21, 2013, 3:02:36 PM12/21/13
to jtes...@googlegroups.com, joomla-...@googlegroups.com
joomla 3.2.1 should be developed with php 5.4+ not 5.2, most hosting companies are upgrading to php 5.4 now

Thomas Hunziker

Dec 21, 2013, 3:24:41 PM12/21/13
to jtes...@googlegroups.com, joomla-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brody