Connection refused errors from github.jspm.io

Peter Robins

Sep 4, 2016, 1:44:36 PM9/4/16
to jspm
was working ok yesterday, but can't load anything today. Generally works ok if load a file directly in the browser (tho sometimes empty response errs), but not loading with import()

Peter Robins

Sep 5, 2016, 4:25:19 AM9/5/16
to jspm
see for example http://jspm.io/. This sort of lengthy downtime isn't viable on a CDN. In https://groups.google.com/d/msg/jspm-io/dOojyzQUGzg/sD8tsmlJCAAJ there was talk of moving to jsdelivr.com. They're currently discussing how to improve/streamline https://github.com/jsdelivr/jsdelivr/issues/13136. Might this be a good time to discuss merging the 2 services? I could change to unpkg.com/npmcdn.com but this requires publishing to npm first - not a major issue, but an extra step. I like the ability with jspm.io to simply push some new code to a new branch on Github and then fetch it through jspm.io without formally releasing it as a new version.

Guy Bedford

Sep 6, 2016, 7:52:01 AM9/6/16
to Peter Robins, jspm
Thanks, this should be working again now, but let me know if you notice any further issues.

On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 10:25 AM Peter Robins <pw.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
see for example http://jspm.io/. This sort of lengthy downtime isn't viable on a CDN. In https://groups.google.com/d/msg/jspm-io/dOojyzQUGzg/sD8tsmlJCAAJ there was talk of moving to jsdelivr.com. They're currently discussing how to improve/streamline https://github.com/jsdelivr/jsdelivr/issues/13136. Might this be a good time to discuss merging the 2 services? I could change to unpkg.com/npmcdn.com but this requires publishing to npm first - not a major issue, but an extra step. I like the ability with jspm.io to simply push some new code to a new branch on Github and then fetch it through jspm.io without formally releasing it as a new version.

Peter Robins

Sep 6, 2016, 9:39:44 AM9/6/16
to jspm, pw.r...@gmail.com
Yes, thanks. In the meantime, I changed over to rawgit. Let me know what your plans are with the CDN.