500 errors from github.jspm.io

Peter Robins

May 15, 2016, 11:38:11 AM5/15/16
to jspm
I just pushed a very minor change (changing a url from http to https) to my Github repo, which has been processed with no problems up till now, and I'm getting 500 errors. I tried reverting the commit, and it looks like only some of the files in lib/ are being processed, and the others cause 404 errors. I've repushed the change, and we're back to 500 errors. Has a new version been installed in the last few days? https://github.jspm.io/probins/map-make@master/initloader.js or any other file in lib/ for that repo.

Guy Bedford

May 16, 2016, 6:02:52 AM5/16/16
to Peter Robins, jspm
Thanks so much, yes there was an API credentials issue with GitHub that I've fixed now.

On Sun, May 15, 2016 at 5:38 PM Peter Robins <pw.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
I just pushed a very minor change (changing a url from http to https) to my Github repo, which has been processed with no problems up till now, and I'm getting 500 errors. I tried reverting the commit, and it looks like only some of the files in lib/ are being processed, and the others cause 404 errors. I've repushed the change, and we're back to 500 errors. Has a new version been installed in the last few days? https://github.jspm.io/probins/map-make@master/initloader.js or any other file in lib/ for that repo.

Peter Robins

May 16, 2016, 6:46:25 AM5/16/16
to jspm, pw.r...@gmail.com
ah right - good man! Thanks

Could you bring me up to date with what the server does nowadays. Back when I started using jspm (2.5 years ago now!), you put the code for the package in lib and you could specify buildConfig in package.json for example to uglify the source. Locally you could run 'jspm build' to put the uglified code in dist and then upload that. Or you could just specify 'lib' in package.json and the server would do the build for you. I just installed current jspm-cli but help doesn't list a 'build' option, and when I tried running it I got 'AssertionError: rimraf: missing path'. I had thought that the server used jspm-cli, but if it now works again then it doesn't seem to be doing this or it would fail with the same error. I just tried putting 'dist: lib' in package.json now that it's working again, but it's still uglifying the source, so seems to be ignoring the 'dist' property. I load modules dynamically and don't bundle, and want to load from the cloud (i.e. jspm.io's CDN), so the documented use cases for jspm-cli aren't really relevant.

Guy Bedford

May 16, 2016, 6:58:47 AM5/16/16
to Peter Robins, jspm
You've certainly been with the project a while :)

Sure - jspm build was exactly the cdn build yes, but that has been deprecated in the CLI now. jspm build in jspm 0.17 is now the new name for jspm bundle-sfx. We will likely add a jspm compile at some point soon to do a separate file compile similar to what the previous lib -> dist build did.

The CDN is currently very much in flux. The jspm 0.16 -> 0.17 shift implies some big changes on the CDN, so things are going to be a little turbulent there over the coming months as that process goes. The current CDN will likely be deprecated slowly, as we encourage use of a new jsdelivr cdn domain for jspm 0.17. Then when that is stable we will probably complete the deprecation, and make a breaking change on registry.jspm.io bringing back the CDN there as a stable CDN going forward. The hope is to get all the jspm 0.17 goodness working with a jspm setmode remote, but we're not close to a point of being able to offer that yet unfortunately.

Peter Robins

May 16, 2016, 7:07:55 AM5/16/16
to jspm, pw.r...@gmail.com
On Monday, 16 May 2016 11:58:47 UTC+1, Guy Bedford wrote:
The CDN is currently very much in flux. The jspm 0.16 -> 0.17 shift implies some big changes on the CDN, so things are going to be a little turbulent there over the coming months as that process goes. The current CDN will likely be deprecated slowly, as we encourage use of a new jsdelivr cdn domain

that certainly makes sense conceptually, as fetching module code from a cdn doesn't really have much to do with 'package management'. How can I keep up to date on these changes?