3/14: Sink Down to the (Spring) Seed - Quaker Worship & Potluck

Judy Goldberger

Mar 8, 2010, 11:42:12 AM3/8/10
to JP Quakers
"Therefore … be no more than God hath made thee. Give over thine own willing, give over thine own running, give over thine own desiring
to know or be anything, and sink down to the seed which God sows in thy heart and let that be in thee, and grow in thee and breathe in thee,
and act in thee, and thou shalt find by sweet experience that the Lord knows that and loves and owns that, and will lead it to the inheritance of life, which is God’s portion."
-- Some Directions to the Panting Soul, Isaac Pennington, 1661

Monthly Community Potluck

No need to be a long-time attender or a virtuoso cook or bring something red - our table is an open one. So break bread with us at our next Jamaica Plain Quakers community potluck and meeting for worship Sunday, March 10thPotluck supper is at 5 p.m., followed by Quaker meeting for worship at 6 p.m. For an introduction to Quaker Meeting for Worship, click here. Feel free to bring a friend!

Other Boston Quaker Happenings

Wednesday, March 24 at 7:30 p.m. at the Beacon Hill Friends House,  Greg Williams will lead a reflection on the lives of Monsignor Oscar Romero and Quaker Tom Fox. Out of a deep understanding of their faith and God's call, both of these men engaged in prophetic, nonviolent work for justice, even in dangerous times and places. We commemorate the anniversaries of their deaths this month, and listen for God's call for us today. For more information, contact Greg Williams at gcw2849 [at] yahoo.com.

JP Quaker Basics

JP Quakers meets on the second and fourth Sundays of the month. On the fourth Sunday, we meet for a nonviolence discussion circle from 5 to 7 p.m. over light refreshments. This month, we will meet Sunday, March 28th.

In our unfolding experiment, we are now on Facebook! If you are already a Facebook member, become a fan and spread the word.

Jamaica Plain Quakers, a worship group under the care of Beacon Hill Friends Meeting, meets at First Baptist Church in Jamaica Plain, 633 Centre Street at Myrtle Street, across from the post office in JP Center (directions at www.firstbaptistjp.org). The newly renovated church (including the bathroom) is wheelchair accessible.

In the meantime,

May you be richly blessed!
Judy Goldberger
jpquakers [at] bhfm.org