12/13: Potluck! (No Discussion 12/27)

Judy Goldberger

Dec 3, 2009, 1:10:54 AM12/3/09
to JP Quakers
"Ye have no time but this present time, therefore prize your time for your soul's sake."
             -- George Fox, 1652
Growing Into Beloved Community

For many Friends, "beloved community" - God's love actualized in brotherhood & sisterhood and in justice - is our soul's deep yearning and a challenging and fruitful spiritual discipline for ourselves and our meetings. The beloved community welcomes all who wish to join in this work, and needs all. Are you unsure and seeking your way? Break bread with us! Are you a Friend of many years? Break bread with us! Are you new to Friends? Break bread with us! Have you rejoiced at home that there are Friends growing into Beloved Community in Jamaica Plain? Break bread with us!

Monthly Community Potluck

No need to be a long-time attender or a virtuoso cook - our table is an open one. So break bread with us at our next Jamaica Plain Quakers community potluck and meeting for worship Sunday, December 13thPotluck supper is at 5 p.m., followed by Quaker meeting for worship at 6 p.m. For an introduction to Quaker Meeting for Worship, click here. Feel free to bring a friend! The trailer has microwaves but no conventional oven, so if you bring a potluck dish that needs reheating, please make sure it's in a microwave-safe container.

JP Quaker Basics

Although we normally meet on the second and fourth Sundays of the month, we will NOT  be meeting on the fourth Sunday of December. Please mark your new calendars with our first potluck of 2010 on Sunday, January 10th!

In our unfolding experiment, we are now on Facebook! If you are already a Facebook member, become a fan and spread the word.

JP Quakers meet in the trailer that houses the First Baptist Church in Jamaica Plain at 633 Centre Street at Myrtle Street, across from the post office in JP Center. The trailer and bathroom are wheelchair accessible. As First Baptist finishes the first stage of its renovations and moves back into its building, hopefully at the turning of the year, we will move with them.

 In the meantime,

May you be richly blessed!
Judy Goldberger
jpquakers [at] bhfm.org

“Next to being the children of God our greatest privilege is being the brothers of each other.”  —Martin Buber