11/22: In the Midst of Hate, Speak Up for Respect & Justice

Judy Goldberger

Nov 18, 2009, 11:24:37 AM11/18/09
to JP Quakers
Dear Friends,

JP Quakers will meet for our monthly "Fourth Sunday" justice discussion circle 5-7 p.m. Beverages will be provided.

This month we will talk about nonviolent responses to a polarized conversation on immigration policy. Extreme voices have deliberately manipulated the very real fear of cultural change and our economic futures, so that hateful speech has become widespread. Governor Patrick has just introduced the report of the state New Americans Agenda and will be leading a conversation on policy changes in the coming days and weeks. How can we effectively and faithfully speak out for respect, dignity, and justice?

We are meeting at our usual location, First Baptist Church in JP, 633 Centre Street. The church rebuilding is proceeding, and we hope to move out of the trailer and into the church building early in the new year.

Contact Greg Williams with any questions: gcw...@yahoo.com or 617-501-6258.

Peace,
Judy

“Next to being the children of God our greatest privilege is being the brothers of each other.”  —Martin Buber