2/14: Experience the Power of Love! - Quaker Worship & Potluck

1 view

Judy Goldberger

Feb 7, 2010, 7:31:20 PM2/7/10
to JP Quakers
"Power at its best is love implementing the demands of justice, and justice at its best is power correcting everything that stands against love."
-- Martin Luther King, Jr., 1967

Monthly Community Potluck

No need to be a long-time attender or a virtuoso cook or bring something red - our table is an open one. So break bread with us at our next Jamaica Plain Quakers community potluck and meeting for worship Sunday, February 10thPotluck supper is at 5 p.m., followed by Quaker meeting for worship at 6 p.m. For an introduction to Quaker Meeting for Worship, click here. Feel free to bring a friend! Work on the kitchen in the newly renovated church may still be in progress, so if you bring a potluck dish that needs reheating, please make sure it's in a microwave-safe container.

JP Quaker Basics

JP Quakers meets on the second and fourth Sundays of the month. On the fourth Sunday, we meet for a nonviolence discussion circle from 5 to 7 p.m. over light refreshments. This month, we will meet Sunday, February 28th.

In our unfolding experiment, we are now on Facebook! If you are already a Facebook member, become a fan and spread the word.

Jamaica Plain Quakers, a worship group under the care of Beacon Hill Friends Meeting, meets at First Baptist Church in Jamaica Plain, 633 Centre Street at Myrtle Street, across from the post office in JP Center (directions at www.firstbaptistjp.org). The newly renovated church (including the bathroom) is wheelchair accessible.

In the meantime,

May you be richly blessed!
Judy Goldberger
jpquakers [at] bhfm.org

“God triumphs over evil and pain and death, not by combating them with the weapons of this world, but by continuing to love.”  — Susan Furry, 1981