Proposed Leadership Team voting process

Ryan Ozimek

May 15, 2015, 1:07:58 PM5/15/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joomla Leadership Team,

Good day to ya.

I think I've said this a few times, but what the heck, might as well document it one more time for good luck.  Our Leadership Team needs to make important decisions, and unfortunately, since we're not currently operating under a unified leadership model governed by legal bylaws, we have no documented decision making process.

Instead, we have unique ways to make decisions independently.  This leaves us in an awkward situation in which we operate within one organization but as totally separate decision making bodies for organization-wide issues.

Well, regardless of the future of our organizational structure, we should at a minimum have a way to make decisions as a group.  So, I've put together a multi-phase approach to making this happen, and would like your feedback.

Phase 1:  create a high-level voting process

Phase 2:  document the low-level stages within each process

Phase 3:  agree to a documented process via a vote (I know, infinite loop, but without an official organization with bylaws, we're pretty stuck without any other process)

In light of the challenges we're facing now, I'd like to time-box Phase 1 to start today and complete by May 22, 2015 23:00 UTC.

Does anyone object to going through this process, or have further suggestions on making this process better?

Gracias amigos,
Ryan

David Jardin

May 15, 2015, 1:40:45 PM5/15/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ryan,

thanks for all the work that you've put in the proposal so far! Looks good to me and seems to be a big step in the right direction - thanks for taking the lead at this issue!

Cheers,
David

Robert Deutz

May 15, 2015, 3:15:54 PM5/15/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Looks pretty good to me too, thanks!

Cheers,
Robert

Ruth Cheesley

May 15, 2015, 3:28:42 PM5/15/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Ryan,

I think this is a sound approach to voting, we already have some rudimentary recording systems which we use in CLT - just a basic spreadsheet of the decision being voted on, who is eligible to vote, and what they voted which goes red if the haven't voted, green when they have - I'm not sure if this would be helpful but it might be a useful 'first step' for that part.

Ruth

Ruth Cheesley
Joomla! Community Leadership Team

Ryan Ozimek

Jul 16, 2015, 10:33:16 PM7/16/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

Hearing no objections, and since there hasn't been much feedback requesting more details, I assume everyone loves this process so much you're simply too overwhelmed with happiness to respond.  Bueno!

I propose we move forward on voting for this voting process (I know, I know, infinite loop).  Unless someone objects, has a better idea, or provides me free burritos for life, I'm going to create a motion and bring this motion to the leadership for a vote.  Here's what the motion will look like...

"I move that we adopt 'Voting Processes for the Joomla Leadership Team' (https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1weiiPCcGCriHgyrG0IwY8pz0fe4R0y_XsA13_Q-la0c) as the voting process to be utilized by the Joomla Leadership Team for all business requiring a vote."

Any friendly amendments or requested changes to this motion would be greatly appreciated within the next few days.  If none, expect me to post this motion, as-is, to a voting email thread on Monday, July 20, 2015.

Carry on with your awesome selves.

Cheers,
Ryan

Robert Deutz

Jul 17, 2015, 2:06:14 AM7/17/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ryan,

I have my doubts that someone has enough money to pay all the burritos you will eat in you life :-)

As I already said looks good to me, no objections in moving forward.

Cheers,
Robert

Ronni Christiansen

Jul 17, 2015, 5:21:04 AM7/17/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Just to clarify then this covers votes for OSM + PLT + CLT in total right i.e.not for OSM alone but combined votes right?

Ryan Ozimek

Jul 17, 2015, 7:38:56 AM7/17/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ronni,

Thanks for the question. I will clarify the motion to ensure that it is understood to only cover voting by Joomla Leadership Team as a whole (the board of directors, CLT, and PLT combined).

Cheers,
Ryan

Sent from my mobile device.

Ryan Ozimek

Jul 21, 2015, 6:55:41 PM7/21/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

I'm excited to close out this thread and send you all over to the voting thread linked below for...

1) a second
2) a debate
3) a vote

Cheerio!