VOTING: Adoption of Joomla Leadership Team voting process

Ryan Ozimek

Jul 21, 2015, 6:53:26 PM7/21/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Without a leader to ask to claim the floor, I'm just going to take it (kindly) and make the following motion.

MOTION:  "I move that we adopt 'Voting Processes for the Joomla Leadership Team' (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4JI3Tna9-fcTGoyYTJVWlJaWGs/view?usp=sharing) as the voting process to be utilized by the Joomla Leadership Team for all business requiring a vote by the entire Joomla Leadership Team."

I respectfully ask for a second.  In order to second this motion, just write, "I second this motion." in this email thread.

If and once a second is provided, immediately thereafter the following process will take place on this thread.

1) 7 consecutive calendar days of a debate period will begin

2) Immediately after the debate period ends, 7 days of consecutive calendar days of a voting period will being

3) Immediately after the sooner of all possible votes cast or the expiration of the voting period, the recording of the vote will occur

I look forward to your debate and vote!

Best,
Ryan

Marijke Stuivenberg

Jul 21, 2015, 11:37:15 PM7/21/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
I second the motion.

Kind regards,
Marijke

Secretary
Open Source Matters Inc.

Ryan Ozimek

Jul 22, 2015, 6:20:50 AM7/22/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

With Marijke's second, debate begins today, July 22, 2015 and ends on July 29, 2015.

Cheers,
Ryan

Sent from my mobile device.

Rod Martin

Jul 22, 2015, 9:38:38 AM7/22/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com, Ryan Ozimek
+1

this is a clear path, no ambiguity - thank Ryan!

Rod Martin
Vice President - Open Source Matters
@imrodmartin

Rod Martin

Jul 22, 2015, 12:48:25 PM7/22/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com, Ryan Ozimek
Please forgive me all… I got so excited I voted before the end of the discussion.
Please ignore my vote until we actually START voting.

Rod Martin
Vice President - Open Source Matters
@imrodmartin

Ryan Ozimek

Jul 27, 2015, 12:53:13 PM7/27/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

The discussion on this motion ends tomorrow (July 28, 2015) at which time we'll start the voting process.

Have a great day/night!

-Ryan

Ryan Ozimek

Jul 28, 2015, 12:16:08 PM7/28/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Effective July 28, 2015, discussion has ended for this motion, and the voting process has begun.  Please vote by responding on this email thread with one of the following valid voting options:

"+1" - to vote in favor of the motion
"-1" - to vote against the motion
"abstain" - to abstain

Please refrain from any other response than those three options listed above.  Have a great day!

Cheers,
Ryan

Ryan Ozimek

Jul 28, 2015, 12:16:17 PM7/28/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
+1

-Ryan

Sarah Watz

Jul 28, 2015, 12:19:53 PM7/28/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
+1

With warmth,
Sarah

Sarah Watz
President, Open Source Matters, Inc.
http://opensourcematters.org/

Robert Deutz

Jul 28, 2015, 12:30:28 PM7/28/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
+1

Robert

Sander Potjer

Jul 28, 2015, 1:03:55 PM7/28/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
+1

Regards, Sander Potjer

Joomla! Community Leadership Team

Skype: sanderpotjer

David Jardin

Jul 28, 2015, 1:10:16 PM7/28/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
+1

Cheers,
David

Am 28.07.15 um 18:16 schrieb Ryan Ozimek:
--
King Regards,
David Jardin

OSM Joe Sonne

Jul 28, 2015, 1:38:08 PM7/28/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
+1

Best regards,

Joe Sonne

Alice Grevet

Jul 28, 2015, 1:52:02 PM7/28/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
+1

Best,
Alice
Co Lead Editor, Joomla Community Magazine
http://magazine.joomla.org
Joomla Community Leadership Team

Ronni Christiansen

Jul 28, 2015, 1:59:22 PM7/28/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
+1

Rod Martin

Jul 28, 2015, 2:35:58 PM7/28/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
_1

--
Rod Martin
@imrodmartin

Dianne Henning

Jul 28, 2015, 2:40:49 PM7/28/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
+1

Dianne Henning
Joomla! Community Leadership Team

Rod Martin

Jul 28, 2015, 2:43:37 PM7/28/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Whoops - thanks Robert…

+1

--
Rod Martin
@imrodmartin

Marijke Stuivenberg

Jul 28, 2015, 3:53:53 PM7/28/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
+1

Cheers,
Marijke

Secretary
Open Source Matters Inc.

Jessica Dunbar

Jul 28, 2015, 4:41:08 PM7/28/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com

+1

Martijn Boomsma

Jul 28, 2015, 4:42:18 PM7/28/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
+1

Warm Regards,

Martijn Boomsma
Open Source Matters Inc.
http://www.opensourcematters.org/
Joomla! http://www.joomla.org/

Saurabh Shah

Jul 28, 2015, 4:53:16 PM7/28/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
+1
Regards,
Saurabh Shah
Board Member
Open Source Matters Inc.
http://opensourcematters.org/
Phone: +91 - 9561160006

Javier Gomez

Jul 29, 2015, 4:37:06 AM7/29/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
+1

George Wilson

Jul 29, 2015, 6:26:52 AM7/29/15
to Joomla Leadership Team, javier...@community.joomla.org, javier...@community.joomla.org
+1

Ruth Cheesley

Jul 29, 2015, 12:39:48 PM7/29/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Ryan,

Thanks for proposing this, I have some questions.  Apologies for the late response as I've been on holiday.

Voting during debating period

Say 10 people voted prematurely during the debating phase, a load of debate happens after those votes are cast.  Would those votes be counted?  If people voted prematurely, then debate, then change their votes, how does that work?

Voting during the debate period could be confusing, and could also potentially impact on the debating process itself - and from a basic administration perspective for the person collating the votes is a bit cumbersome.

Establishing those eligible to vote, number needed for acceptance, etc

Who would be responsible for establishing who is eligible to vote, how many are required for a quorum, how many needed to accept a vote?  Would this be the secretary or the person proposing the vote?

Record keeping

Is it necessary for us to keep note of the voting process - who has voted/hasn't voted etc - and if so how would this be done?  Presumably something the secretary would manage?  For example in CLT we keep a log of all funding decisions in a spreadsheet with each person's vote so we can reference this at a later date without having to trawl back through email logs.

Ruth

Ruth Cheesley
Joomla! Community Leadership Team

Ruth Cheesley

Jul 29, 2015, 12:41:02 PM7/29/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I misread the original post and thought that the debate closed on the 29th, and just read it closed yesterday.

+1 from me, I'll find answers to the questions another route.

Ruth

marco @ joomla

Jul 30, 2015, 4:06:08 AM7/30/15
to Joomla Leadership Team, ryan....@opensourcematters.org, ryan....@opensourcematters.org
+1

Tessa Mero

Jul 30, 2015, 6:32:58 AM7/30/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com, ryan....@opensourcematters.org
+1

Jorge Lopez-Bachiller

Jul 30, 2015, 11:12:57 AM7/30/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
+1
Jorge López-Bachiller Fernández
Board Member
Assistant Secretary
Open Source Matters, Inc.
http://opensourcematters.org/

Victor Drover

Aug 3, 2015, 6:46:24 AM8/3/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
+1

Ryan Ozimek

Aug 3, 2015, 10:39:32 AM8/3/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

As a little reminder, voting ends tomorrow (Tuesday, August 4, 2015).

Cheers,
Ryan

Ryan Ozimek

Aug 6, 2015, 7:06:23 PM8/6/15
to joomla-l...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Voting for this motion ended on Tuesday, August 4, 2015.  Here is the voting result.

+1 = 21
-1 = 0
abstain = 0

The motion passes.