Sunday's Zoom Mtg.

1 view

Susanne Levitsky

Feb 17, 2021, 6:06:03 PMFeb 17
to jgss---jewish-genealogic...@googlegroups.com

Jewish Genealogical Society of Sacramento

Sunday, February 21, 2021, 10 a.m. to noon (via Zoom)

Andrew Zalewski: Jewish Galicia: Vibrant Past Rediscovered

Coming to the JGSS virtually from Philadelphia, Andrew Zalewski will talk about Austrian Galicia, the subject of two books he has written. Unique archival records, including population surveys, maps and old newspapers, will provide the background for his in-depth description of Galicia. Both sides of his family can be traced back to Galicia.

Andrew Zalewski is vice president of Gesher Galicia, which carries out Jewish genealogical and historical research on Galicia, formerly a province of Austria-Hungary.  The area is now divided between southeastern Poland and western Ukraine.

Zalewski is a cardiologist and former professor of medicine at Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia. He received his MD from Warsaw Medical School in Poland.

Click on the Zoom link to join (ideally a few minutes before 10, as we expect participants from throughout the country).

Join Zoom Meeting

https://csus.zoom.us/j/81579284878

Meeting ID: 815 7928 4878

From Gary Mokotoff's Feb. 14 Nu? What's Nu?

RootsTech Announces Speakers for Online Conference
RootsTech has announced the speakers for the conference that will take place online from February 25–27. Incredibly, there are nearly 600 lectures; and that is only those given in English. The complete list can be found at
https://www.avotaynu.com/RootsTech2021.pdf.

Professional genealogist Ellen Kowitt has provided me with a list of lectures that would be of particular interest to Jewish genealogists. They can be found at
https://www.avotaynu.com/RootsTechJewish.pdf.

Register at the conference website:
https://www.rootstech.org/?lang=eng. To date, more than 263,000 have registered to attend.

~~~~~~~

Note to our JGSS Sacramento members: Ellen Kowitt (mentioned above) is our March 21 speaker.