Is the Java Reference Card useful?

Peter Dickman

May 31, 2007, 1:11:04 PM5/31/07
to Java Reference Card discussion group
Obviously, as originator/author/editor of the reference card I find it
useful, but I'm using it for teachign a very specific undergraduate
course. The question is does such a reference card have wider utility?

It is no way can ever replace the on-line documentation for Java, or
reference manuals (such as Java in a Nutshell) or textbooks. However,
reference cards/summary sheets are sometimes useful as an aide-
memoire. Cards along those lines (such as LaTeX and emacs reference
cards) are rarely as full as the Java Reference Card, and tend to be
used by people who work with those tools intermittently. Which returns
us to the question.... do you think this card is useful for you? or
for some other folk (if so who?)? And why?

--Peter