How to show child message in edit form

Danijel Kaurin

Aug 8, 2022, 8:23:10 AM8/8/22
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
Hi Andrew.

I have table "messages" where user can enter some message or note for master item. Message also can have reply (child message).

Now I want to show parent message and child message in same jam edit form. How to do that?  Here's how edit form supposed to look:

message_edit.PNG

Regards

Danijel Kaurin

Andrew Yushev

Aug 10, 2022, 11:16:28 AM8/10/22
to Danijel Kaurin, Jam.py Users Mailing List
Hi, Danijel

You can create a div in the master edit form and then use the create_inputs method of the detail item.
and before or after creating the input call the detail edit method.

Regards,
Andrew

Danijel Kaurin

Aug 11, 2022, 5:13:11 AM8/11/22
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
Ok, I will try that.

Thank you Andrew.

Regards

Drazen D. Babic

Aug 13, 2022, 4:56:54 AM8/13/22
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
Hi Danijel,

It would be great to see the messages progress, since we never finished this app

The whole paradigm with messages is quite complex imo.

Regards

D.