Messages within Jam App (not email)

Drazen D. Babic

Jun 2, 2021, 4:48:25 AM6/2/21
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
Hi all,

if anyone is keen to help with the ideas, here is the link:

Based on:

Basically this system can be used for anything within the App, just the decision on the msgs form is needed, buttons, etc, and how one wants to do the business rules processing. I sort of like the idea of some stats from above article.

Cheers

D.

Danijel Kaurin

Jun 3, 2021, 4:48:53 AM6/3/21
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
Hi Dražen.

Maybe this link can help us with development.

Regards

Drazen D. Babic

Jun 3, 2021, 5:20:44 AM6/3/21
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
Thanks,
the App is already semi developed on that link. I just need to finish "My messages" view and some logic...

D.

Drazen D. Babic

Jun 4, 2021, 2:11:57 AM6/4/21
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
Hi all,

just to explain a bit, the messaging system within the App is used for anything, example might be when one needs to notify Admin(s) about something, or if a "New Admin" was created, or "New Purchase Order" is raised, or someone did not login for one month and Admin should be notified. Or msg group of Users who are dealing with Shipping Goods - like new shipping is expected in a week, or delayed by the week. We can msg some users when specific IP logs in. And many many more things.
Here is a question, if there is an Admin of the App, how anyone knows who that is and how to contact him/her?

All this can be contained within the App. It is not the Chat, or emails. Emails can be overlooked, or gone in a spam.

Here is a quick demo. The logic should be to see own messages, or the messages sent to a group one belongs.

This example also is using Virtual Table (VT) to display messages, very important! I was struggling for years to understand the logic of VT's. It's actually super easy...

Cheers
Screencast01.mp4

Drazen D. Babic

Jun 11, 2021, 3:38:57 AM6/11/21
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
Here is the newest App:

and the DB as well. It is a simple file called "t" , so just create a new jam-project, Import, and point App to this file. Use admin/111 for App after setting "Safe Mode" - since the messages are for the particular users (or group, reminders, etc but not done yet). Than you can set the user/password as you wish on User Menu and not on the Project/Users.

There is even a testing scenario, if uncomment:
#date = datetime.now() + timedelta(days=3*365)
the messages with expiry date will not show.

Pls let me know of issues.

Thx

D.

Drazen D. Babic

Aug 4, 2021, 10:12:10 AM8/4/21
to Jam.py Users Mailing List
Hi all,

for the first time we are demonstrating Jam v7. Yes, it is v7 now.

Reshuffled Messages App, just unzip and run with ./server.py:

There are 3 DB users:
admin/111
user1/222
user2/333

Each user can see only msgs assign to that user.

The App is work in progress (bugs!), but it demonstrates a few key things related to the App design from here:
https://groups.google.com/g/jam-py/c/x7xH62wwlRY

Cheers
D.