Does alisim use internal node labels in input tree for output?

nathanael....@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2023, 7:34:59 AM6/6/23
to IQ-TREE
Hi guys,

I'm fairly sure it does, but just wanted to clarify before assuming: does alimsim use input node labels to label output sequences when specifying --write-all during alisim?

Many thanks for your help,

Nathanael

Ly Trong Nhan

Jun 6, 2023, 8:06:55 PM6/6/23
to iqt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nathanael,
Thank you for using AliSim!

I can confirm that you're right. When users specify '--write-all', AliSim uses the labels of internal nodes if they're specified in the input tree file. Otherwise, AliSim automatically generates the labels and outputs them in a new tree file *.full.treefile.

Btw, please use the latest version for your simulations: https://github.com/iqtree/iqtree2/releases/tag/v2.2.2.7

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Nhan