Determine Bootstrap support in given tree

Carla Gonçalves

Jul 12, 2019, 7:12:47 AM7/12/19
to IQ-TREE
Hi,

I have a  ML tree in which I just want to calculate the bootstrap support. I tested by running with the -te option but I am getting 100 bootstrap support in every node. I believe -te is not the correct option in this case?
Thanks,

Carla Gonçalves

Jul 12, 2019, 7:38:53 AM7/12/19
to IQ-TREE

On Friday, July 12, 2019 at 12:12:47 PM UTC+1, Carla Gonçalves wrote:
Hi,

I have a  ML tree in which I just want to calculate the bootstrap support (non-parametric bootstraps). I tested by running with the -te option but I am getting 100 bootstrap support in every node. I believe -te is not the correct option in this case?
Thanks,

Minh Bui

Jul 14, 2019, 8:23:00 PM7/14/19
to iqt...@googlegroups.com, Carla Gonçalves
Hi Carla,

-te is NOT the right option here, because it fixes the tree topology of the user tree. That’s why you got 100% BS.

Do you want to give IQ-TREE some initial tree and then let it optimise the tree further? If so, just use -t option.

Cheers
Minh

Carla Gonçalves

Jul 16, 2019, 11:32:24 AM7/16/19
to IQ-TREE
Hi Minh,

thank you, I think I just found the answer to my question in a previous thread:

Thank you!