IQ-TREE release 1.4.3

Bui Quang Minh

Jul 15, 2016, 4:40:08 AM7/15/16
to IQTREE
July 15, 2016

Dear users,

We are happy to announce version 1.4.3, which fixes various problems improving software stability.

New features:

* Better parameter estimates for I+G model.

* More flexible mixture models for model testing with `-madd` option (requested by David Kerk).

* The protein mixture model `CF4` of Wang et al. (2008) now includes Gamma rate heterogeneity by default.

* Support invariable sites plus FreeRate [+I+R] model  (requested by Lars Jermiin).

* New option `--sequential` to read sequential phylip alignment file format.

Bug fixes:

* Failture too estimate too extreme GTR rate parameters (reported by Stephen Crotty).

* Bug with likelihood scaling for constant sites under invariable site [+I] model  (reported Remi Denise).

* Crash with optimizing codon model parameters (reported by Xiaofan Zhou).

* Redundant codon models for model selection (reported by Xiaofan Zhou).

* Segfault caused by unaligned memory for partition model with binary data (reported by Marek L. Borowiec).

* Crash with `-wbtl` option (reported by Teo).

* Crash with `-mtree` for partition finding (reported by a web user).

* A rare bug in NNI hill-climbing search.

* A bug in printing .rate file via -wsr option (reported by Tim McInerney).

* Several other minor issues.

Best,
IQ-TREE development team