the best model IQ-Tree ?

Holland Wu

Apr 5, 2023, 9:48:48 PM4/5/23
to IQ-TREE
hi !

I just got a question that How to know the best model IQ-Tree use to construct ML tree when using -m MFP ? I check the file model.gz and .log, here I want to make sure if the ' best model-fit: xxx' will be used ?

thanks!

hl

rob.l...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2023, 8:15:30 PM4/17/23
to IQ-TREE
Hi hl,

You should be able to see the model that IQ-TREE used for the analysis by scanning through the log file (*.log). It should mention it both at the start of the tree estimation, and at the end of the analysis where it gives you a command you can input to AliSim. Additionally, the *.iqtree file should contain this information.

Let me know if you find it!

Rob

Holland Wu

Apr 29, 2023, 4:01:55 AM4/29/23
to iqt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rob, thank you! I just checked the files you mentioned in reply, and I got the information about the model used in constructing the tree.  :)

Regards, hl

rob.l...@gmail.com <rob.l...@gmail.com> 於 2023年4月18日週二 上午8:15寫道: