Construction ML constrained topology- stuck at step "Generating 99 parsimony trees"

Carla Gonçalves

Jan 14, 2019, 8:58:06 AM1/14/19
to IQ-TREE

Hello,

I am trying to use IQ-Tree 1.6.6 for testing additional topologies.

When I run the "-g" option to construct the ML tree given a constrained topology, iq-tree becomes stuck at the following step: "Generating 99 parsimony trees". I already tested multiple datasets and the same happens in all of them.

I tested the same datasets in RAxML and everything works fine, so I believe it has nothing to do with the data itself.

I am using ~900 taxa so I was wondering if this has something to do with the fact that I am using a large dataset.

Thank you in advance!

Best,

Carla