Question about performance of partition models

DR

May 7, 2020, 11:32:21 AM5/7/20
to IQ-TREE
Hi,

I have long DNA-Sequences and short AA-Sequences (1-10) and provide a partition file in the NEXUS-Format.
While running these dataset on a cluster I recognized running IQ-Tree only on the DNA-Sequence is about 4 times faster compared to the run with the complex model. Multithreading also slows down the inference because of the short AA-Sequences of course.

Does anyone has experience with such a setup or ideas how to speed up tree reconstruction?

Thanks!

Minh Bui

May 7, 2020, 10:56:09 PM5/7/20
to IQ-TREE, DR
Hi there,

Can you please provide more context about your data, e.g., how many partitions, sequences, sites? Also please paste the command line here and the log file (if confidential, just send to my email)

Cheers,
Minh