ERROR: Tree file does not start with an opening-bracket

Sarah Mathews

Jan 16, 2019, 3:07:38 AM1/16/19
to IQ-TREE
Hi Minh,

I've received the same error message about an opening bracket posted by Mark Miller and others. In this case it was early in step 2 of the analyses to find gCF and sCF (e.g., in the search started with 'iqtree -S ALN_DIR --prefix loci -nt 10') after the initial parsimony tree was created. I've attached the log and parstree files.

Cheers,
Sarah

loci.log
loci.parstree

Minh Bui

Jan 16, 2019, 1:54:59 PM1/16/19
to IQ-TREE, Sarah Mathews
Hi Sarah,

This is actually a different issue, -nt AUTO does not work yet with the new -S option in the beta version 1.7. So pls specify the number of cores explicitly. We will fix this before the official release.

Cheers,
Minh

<loci.log><loci.parstree>

Sarah....@csiro.au

Jan 16, 2019, 1:57:14 PM1/16/19
to minh...@univie.ac.at, iqt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Minh,

Thanks, I do remember reading that. I’ll set number of cores.

Cheers
Sarah

Sent from my iPhone