ERROR: Number of Likelihood Mapping groups too high

Giap Nguyen

May 8, 2018, 6:53:47 AM5/8/18
to IQ-TREE
Dear IQTREE developers,

Implemented the latest version of IQTREE with --runs option, there was an error:

ERROR: Number of Likelihood Mapping groups too high! PLEASE report this to the developers!

So, I would like to report to you. If you want to know for details, please inquire me.

Best regards,
Giap Nguyen

Heiko Schmidt

May 8, 2018, 12:04:34 PM5/8/18
to IQ-TREE Forum
Dear Giap,

Could you please give more details about what you did?

What was the command line you have used. How did you define the groups for likelihood mapping?
What was the intention to combine the runs option with likelihood mapping.

Best regards,
Heiko Schmidt
> --

Heiko Schmidt
Center for Integrative Bioinformatics Vienna (CIBIV)
University of Vienna / Max F. Perutz Laboratories (MFPL)
http://www.cibiv.at/

nguyen...@gmail.com

May 9, 2018, 9:24:57 PM5/9/18
to IQ-TREE
Good morning!

I invoked the command like this:

iqtree -s my_align -m MFP -lmap 10000 -bb 1000 --runs 10

I used -lmap option which would like to check whether the data was sufficient or not for phylogenetic tree (middle < 23%, as it was suggested somewhere).
I just tried --runs option, because from the IQTREE website, it was recently suggested.

Best regards,
Giap Nguyen

Minh Bui

May 10, 2018, 7:32:48 AM5/10/18
to iqt...@googlegroups.com
Dear Giap,

--runs option does not work with -lmap yet, because it’s meant for multiple tree searches. So please avoid doing this at the moment, but we will fix later, i.e. by not doing multiple likelihood mapping analysis.

Cheers,
Minh