IQTree 1.3.13 crashes during tree search with partitioned dataset

Joaquim Martins Junior

Feb 11, 2016, 10:13:51 AM2/11/16
to IQTREE
Hi all,

I am trying to construct a tree using partitioned scheme and model by codon. At every attempt to run, it crashes after few minutes.

Command line: iqtree-omp -s citri_67_taxons_aln.phy -spp partition_PF.nex -nt 3 -vvv -bb 1000 -numpars 500 -toppars 200 -numcand 100

It is running on a server with 1TB RAM and 80 cores.

Please, find bellow the log file.

Any idea about what should be happening?

Best regards,
Joaquim

Bui Quang Minh

Feb 11, 2016, 5:31:11 PM2/11/16
to iqt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joaquim,

Thanks for the report. The crash looks weird, but I could not see what the problem was from the log file. Therefore can you pls send me your input data files via personal email?

Cheers, Minh

Bui Quang Minh
Center for Integrative Bioinformatics Vienna (CIBIV)
Campus Vienna Biocenter 5, VBC5, Ebene 1
A-1030 Vienna, Austria
Phone: ++43 1 4277 74326
Email: minh.bui (AT) univie.ac.at

Joaquim Martins Junior

Feb 14, 2016, 9:34:13 PM2/14/16
to iqt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Minh,

Unfortunately, my supervisor did not allowed me to send the dataset to you. We performed the same run with the same dataset using Windows version 1.3.12 and it ends ok! Now we will try Windows version 1.3.13. Maybe It could be a bug on linux version...?

Thank you for helping.

Best regards,
Joaquim

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "IQTREE" group.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/iqtree.
Joaquim Martins Jr, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow at LBI | IQ | USP
Biologist - CV Lattes: http://lattes.cnpq.br/5170263061293078
Personal site: http://martinsjr.me
Linkedin:
http://br.linkedin.com/in/jmartinsjr/en
LBI - Laboratory of Bioinformatics | http://lbi.iq.usp.br
Instituto de Química - IQ / USP
Av. Prof. Lineu Prestes, 748 - Butantã,  CEP: 05508-000,  São Paulo-SP, Brazil
Tel.: 55-11-3091.9162; Cel: 55-11-8708.2628 (TIM)
Skype: joaquim.martins.jr

Bui Quang Minh

Feb 16, 2016, 3:19:47 AM2/16/16
to iqt...@googlegroups.com
Dear Joachim,

as it turned out the crash was likely due to -vvv option (verbose mode). This option prints many messages to the screen (or log file) from many threads, which may at some point interfere which each other.

Therefore I recommend NOT to use this option, unless for debugging purpose sometimes.

Cheers, Minh