re-running

Bruce Murphy

May 30, 2019, 10:36:38 AM5/30/19
to iqt...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've run iqtree with the following settings:
iqtree -s input.fasta -nt AUTO -ntmax 32 -m MFP+MERGE -rclusterf 10 -spp partitions.txt

I forgot to do ultrafastbootstraps. I'd like to either do ultrafastbootstraps separately without wasting time recalculating the ML tree, or, if I can't do that, re-run the tree finding with bootstraps but without repeating the modelfinder and partitionfinder process - i.e. using the model and partition scheme. I'm not sure how to do this.

Thanks

Minh Bui

May 31, 2019, 1:57:20 AM5/31/19
to IQ-TREE, Bruce Murphy
Hi Bruce,

Fortunately, you can still omit ModelFinder process to save time. From your previous run, IQ-TREE printed the *.best_scheme.nex file, which stores the best partition model. You can supply this file to the -spp option, and IQ-TREE will load all models from this file.

Cheers,
Minh