IQtree crash "Too many iterations in tqli"

renee....@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2015, 7:17:41 PM9/17/15
to IQTREE
Hi all,

I've just downloaded and installed IQtree on my new computer, so this could be my fault. However, I've run IQtree before without any issues.

I'm running the current version of IQtree-OMP, and running a multi-gene partitioned analysis with a 1000 replicate non-parametric bootstrap:

iqtree-omp -s concat_alignment_m2.phy -sp partitionandmodels.nex -b 1000 -nt 4

It keeps crashing at different points in the analysis with this error:

| FINALIZING TREE SEARCH |
Performs final model parameters optimization
Estimate model parameters (epsilon = 0.010)
Optimizing K2P+I parameters for partition part5 (111 free parameters)
Optimizing HKY+I+F parameters for partition part1 (114 free parameters)
Optimizing HKY+F parameters for partition part2 (113 free parameters)
Optimizing HKY+F parameters for partition part3 (111 free parameters)
Optimizing K2P parameters for partition part4 (110 free parameters)
BEST SCORE FOUND : -4994.736
Total tree length: 0.061

Total number of iterations: 160
CPU time used for tree search: 25.705 sec (0h:0m:25s)
Wall-clock time used for tree search: 8.465 sec (0h:0m:8s)
Total CPU time used: 26.219 sec (0h:0m:26s)
Total wall-clock time used: 8.611 sec (0h:0m:8s)

===> START BOOTSTRAP REPLICATE NUMBER 29

Creating bootstrap alignment...

Create initial parsimony tree by phylogenetic likelihood library (PLL)... 0.031 seconds

NOTE: 0 MB RAM is required!
Estimate model parameters (epsilon = 0.100)
Optimizing K2P+I parameters for partition part5 (111 free parameters)
Optimizing HKY+I+F parameters for partition part1 (114 free parameters)
Optimizing HKY+F parameters for partition part2 (113 free parameters)
Optimizing HKY+F parameters for partition part3 (111 free parameters)
NUMERICAL ERROR: Too many iterations in tqli

*** IQ-TREE CRASHES WITH SIGNAL ABORTED
*** For bug report please send to developers:
*** Log file: partitionandmodels.nex.log
*** Alignment files (if possible)
Optimizing K2P parameters for partition part4 (110 free parameters)
Abort trap: 6

It got through 29 replicates before it crashed this time, not sure why it worked to that point. Is this an out of memory error?

Sorry, google groups is not doing anything when I click "Attach a file", otherwise would have attached the log.

Thanks

Renee

renee....@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2015, 7:20:51 PM9/17/15
to IQTREE, renee....@gmail.com

In addition, I have 32 GB of RAM, so putting the 4 processors onto it means I am giving it a massive amount of memory on what is not a huge dataset (56 individuals/5 partitions/~2000 bp.

Bui Quang Minh

Sep 18, 2015, 12:17:38 PM9/18/15
to iqt...@googlegroups.com, renee....@gmail.com
Dear Renee,

which platform (Windows, Mac, or Linux) that you ran IQ-TREE?

can you please send me per personal email the log file and the input files? I will have a more careful look

Thanks, Minh
> --

Bui Quang Minh
Center for Integrative Bioinformatics Vienna (CIBIV)
Max F. Perutz Laboratories
Campus Vienna Biocenter 5, VBC5, Ebene 1
A-1030 Vienna, Austria
Phone: ++43 1 4277 24026
Fax: ++43 1 4277 24098
Email: minh.bui (AT) univie.ac.at

gusta10

Nov 7, 2017, 7:19:27 PM11/7/17
to IQ-TREE
Hi
I got the same Error message, any suggestion?