CreateOleObject errors on Win 7

Jonathan Eck

Jul 7, 2021, 5:58:47 PM7/7/21
to innosetup
I have created a custom .NET COM DLL and attempt to load it using CreateOleObject, but it throws an exception with the message "The parameter is incorrect, ProgId". This is exactly the same problem as in these two posts:

However, the accepted solution of calling LoadDLL(ExpandConstant('{sys}\mscoree.dll'), ErrorCode); before calling the CreateOleObject('') does NOT work on Windows 7, but it DOES work on Windows 10.

There are no issues with CreateOleObject using Inno Setup 5.5.6. But I need to upgrade to version 6. Is there any way to get CreateOleObject to work with version 6 on Windows 7?