SIOC/Info Service Ontology Alignment

Bob Ferris

Jul 23, 2010, 2:54:53 PM7/23/10
to info-service-ontolog...@googlegroups.com
Hello again,

also re. the SIOC/Info Service Ontology alignment it looks very good.
Here are some statements (extracted from the SIOC mailing list):

from Alexandre Passant:

Hi,

On 16 Jul 2010, at 13:24, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> [...]
anything, on the web or not, a library for instance, a service you can't
dereference and use as a dataspace unless you're a human in the real world.

> > Hoping you are wrong :-)
> >
> > A Data Space is a Named Partition for accessing, referencing, and
general management of data, associated with an Agent.

> > Data Spaces aren't Web specific, they are just network specific
with a Distributed Data Object bent (e.g. Linked Data).
Right, they might be.
However, in the case of SIOC, we focus on online / Web-based Data Spaces.
Hence the subclass definition

Alex.

from Kingsley Idehen:

Alexandre Passant wrote:
> On 16 Jul 2010, at 00:42, Nathan wrote:
>

>> kidehen wrote:
>>
>>> John,
>>> The relation:
>>> sioc:Space rdfs:subClassOf is:InfoService
>>> or even
>>> sioc:Space owl:equivalentClass is:InfoService
>>> Work fine.
>>> In either case its about a relationship between two Classes that offer
>>> a mechanism for referencing partitioned data spaces on HTTP
>>> networks :-)
>>>
>> sorry! not really, if I recall correctly an is:InfoService can be
anything, on the web or not, a library for instance, a service you can't
dereference and use as a dataspace unless you're a human in the real world.

> Agreed, equivalentClass is imo wrong but the subclass would be ok, cf
Bob's definition and my previous comment at [1]

So rdfs:subClassOf it is.

I did say: OR :-)

Cheers,

Bob