Tree from Periyar Tiger Reserve

Nayan Singh

Sep 8, 2009, 6:31:44 AM9/8/09
to indiantreepix, WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com
Friends
Photographed this tree from Periyar on 11-5-09. Please id it.
thanks in advance

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Dream of becoming a dancing sensation? Find a dance guru on Yahoo! India Local
Tree from Periyar Tiger Reserve.jpg

santhosh kumar es

Sep 8, 2009, 7:25:34 AM9/8/09
to Nayan Singh, indiantreepix, WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com
It seems to me Premna sp. Sir, Are you sure it is a tree?

Santhosh
2009/9/8 Nayan Singh <ns_dun...@yahoo.co.in>
--
SANTHOSH
-----------------------------------

Dr. E S SANTHOSH KUMAR
Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala, India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com
 Please consider your environmental responsibility:Before printing this e-mail, ask yourself whether you need a hard copy!

J.M. Garg

Sep 21, 2009, 8:53:05 AM9/21/09
to santhosh kumar es, Nayan Singh, indiantreepix
Reply from Santhosh ji:

2009/9/8 santhosh kumar es <santhos...@gmail.com>
2009/9/8 Nayan Singh <ns_dun...@yahoo.co.in>

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Dr E S Santhosh Kumar

Sep 21, 2009, 11:36:23 AM9/21/09
to J.M. Garg, Nayan Singh, indiantreepix
Yes it is without any doubt a Premna sp.
Santhosh

Pardeshi S.

Sep 22, 2009, 7:43:28 AM9/22/09
to indiantreepix
Hello all
did you smell the strong pungent odour of the plant while taking the
pic?. if yes, than it is certainly Premna species as rightly pointed
by Santosh ji.

regards
Satish Pardeshi

Gurcharan Singh