Impatiens laxiflora

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 25, 2021, 12:22:34 PM6/25/21
to Tabish, flowers...@gmail.com, J.M. Garg, efloraindia
I guess I. leggei and I. laxiflora are two different sp. and the flower color of I. laxiflora is yellow,.
This should be I. leggei !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Tabish

Jun 25, 2021, 2:51:29 PM6/25/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Saroj,
   Looks like POWO has not updated Impatiens leggei. Please see the attached paper.
In the same paper, the yellow flowered Impatiens desmantha makes me curious. It is supposed to be allied to Impatiens laxiflora.
  Tabish
Impatiens laxiflora_small.pdf

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 26, 2021, 4:33:06 AM6/26/21
to efloraindia, Tabish, J.M. Garg
Even CoL, GBIF and IPNI has  them as separate ID. Enclosing images from the book
of Dr. Gogoi !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 13.54.05.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 13.54.56.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 13.54.38.png

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 26, 2021, 8:30:21 AM6/26/21
to efloraindia, Tabish, J.M. Garg
One more link . (PDF) Three New Species of Impatiens (Balsaminaceae)
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jul 3, 2021, 8:46:32 AM7/3/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Tabish
Hi, Saroj ji,
Tabish ji is right.
We have also merged in efi site at Impatiens laxiflora
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju