Santali names(s) of Bauhinia variegata L.

Dinesh Valke

Nov 10, 2021, 6:17:58 AM11/10/21
to efloraofindia
Dear Prasanta ji, and friends,
Please help with the name jinjir OR jhinjhir in Ol Chiki script ... reference: A Santali-English dictionary by A. Campbell, of the Santal mission.
If there are any other valid names, please help me with them too.

Regards.
Dinesh

Dinesh Valke

Nov 10, 2021, 6:19:55 AM11/10/21
to efloraofindia, Prasanta Hembram
Dear Prasanta ji, forgot to add you as recipient of this mail.
Regards.

Prasanta Hembram

Nov 10, 2021, 9:53:44 AM11/10/21
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Respected sir,
Thanks for the query, the transcription for jhinjir will be ᱡᱷᱤᱱᱡᱷᱤᱨ, jinjir (ᱡᱤᱱᱡᱤᱨ). I'm in the midway for creating a transcripted database of plant names based on Santali-English dictionary. I will share it with you soon.

with best regards
Prasanta Hembram

Dinesh Valke

Nov 11, 2021, 3:35:47 AM11/11/21
to Prasanta Hembram, efloraofindia
Thank you very very much dear Prasanta ji. This is of immense help !!!
Transcripted database of plant names, based on Santali-English dictionary, will be a great contribution to eFI  - for knowing Santali names of plants, and of immense help to me in compiling names.

Regards.
Dinesh