Swertia corymbosa FOR VALIDATION :: Baba Budangiri :: 14 NOV 2016 :: DVDEC62

Dinesh Valke

Dec 10, 2016, 3:52:04 AM12/10/16
to efloraofindia

Baba Budangiri
Baba Budangiri Karnataka
Date: 14 NOV 2016 ... Altitude: ~ 1733 - 1895 m ( 5686 - 6217 ft) asl

Swertia ¿ corymbosa ? ... (family: Gentianaceae)
Dear friends,
Please validate whether Swertia corymbosa. Hopefully, can be recognized from the photos.
This plant must be same as one seen at Kemmangundi.
Swertia ¿ corymbosa ?

Swertia ¿ corymbosa ?

... views from Baba Budangiri

Baba Budan range

Baba Budangiri

Baba Budangiri

Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg

Dec 10, 2016, 4:03:14 AM12/10/16
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia

Thanks,  Dinesh ji

J.M. Garg

Dec 23, 2016, 2:03:58 AM12/23/16
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke
I think matches with images at Swertia corymbosa

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

Dinesh Valke

Dec 23, 2016, 4:56:57 AM12/23/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Yes Garg ji, I too think it matches well, Thanks very much for your thoughts.
I am going ahead to label it with this name.
Regards.
Dinesh

Dinesh Valke

Dec 18, 2023, 6:10:36 AM12/18/23
to eFloraofIndia
Hello Garg ji,
This observation is of Swertia raveendrae Shahina & Nampy
Kai-Philipp Schablewski has corrected the ID at iNaturalist.

Quoting Kai-Philipp Schablewski's comment:
"
Swertia raveendrae is currently known only from a single population in an unprotected area. It shows local abundance with a maximum of 35 plants in the population.
"

Regards.
Dinesh

J.M. Garg