Rubiaceae Week:: Ixora sp. for ID at Chandoli WLS

Prashant Awale

Feb 11, 2012, 4:10:36 AM2/11/12
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

I had seen this   Shrub at Chandoli WLS, Maharashtra.

Bot. name: Ixora sp. ?? (ID requested)

Family: Rubiaceae

Date/Time: 22nd Jan. 2010 /11:30AM

Location: Chandoli WLS, Maharashtra

Regards
Prashant

IMG_4709.jpg
IMG_4708.jpg
IMG_4710.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Feb 11, 2012, 4:38:03 AM2/11/12
to Prashant Awale, indiantreepix
... perhaps, Ixora nigricans.
Regards.
Dinesh

Prashant Awale

Feb 11, 2012, 1:00:37 PM2/11/12
to Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix
Thanks Dinesh once again.
Regards
Prashant

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 18, 2012, 3:07:03 AM3/18/12
to Prashant Awale, Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix
Resurfacing again for ID

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

jmgarg1

Mar 28, 2012, 12:58:52 AM3/28/12
to Prashant Awale, indiantreepix

Forwarding again forId confirmation orotherwise please.

Some earlier relevantfeedback:

“... perhaps, Ixora nigricans.” from Dinesh ji.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1820 members & 1,10,000 messages on 29/2/12) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 6000 species).

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 10, 2021, 6:51:40 AM1/10/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding again for ID
Distributed as  Ixora nigricans ?
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 10, 2021, 6:52:32 AM1/10/21
to indiantreepix
Forwarding again for ID
Distributed as  Ixora nigricans ?
Group discussion at

IMG_4709.jpg
IMG_4708.jpg
IMG_4710.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 10, 2021, 8:08:34 AM1/10/21
to efloraindia, Prashant Awale, Gurcharan Singh
This cannot be either I.nigricans or I. elongata since leaves are alternate
whereas it is opposite in both sp.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 10, 2021, 8:37:33 AM1/10/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Prashant Awale
I think the leaves belong to a different plant. The flowers look very much like Ixora. There is no member of Ixora or whole Rubiaceae with alternate leaves.

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 10, 2021, 8:51:19 AM1/10/21
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraindia, Prashant Awale
Then it could be I. nigricans!
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 10, 2021, 9:41:46 AM1/10/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Prashant Awale
Thanks Saroj ji

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Mob: 9810359089