solanum xanthocarpum in kangra ( sameer rastogi)

sameer rastogi

Feb 12, 2011, 7:26:41 AM2/12/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
common name :yellow nightshade

--
With Best Wishes:
__________________________________
SAMEER  RASTOGI
Conservator of Forests Wildlife ( North)
Forest Complex,
Dharamshala-176215
Distt Kangra (HP)
01892-224939(o),226849(R)
9418117640 ( HP plan)

solanum xanthocarpum 1.jpg

tanay bose

Feb 12, 2011, 9:30:22 AM2/12/11
to sameer rastogi, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sharing Sameers ji
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Dinesh Valke

Feb 12, 2011, 9:35:36 AM2/12/11
to tanay bose, sameer rastogi, indian...@googlegroups.com
... the current name: Solanum virginianum ... commonly known as: dwarf wild brinjal, Jacquin's nightshade, prickly brinjal, prickly nightshade, thai eggplant, thorny nightshade, yellow-berried-night shade, yellow-fruit nightshade • Assamese: কণ্টকাৰি kantakaari • Bengali: কংটকরী kantakari • Gujarati: બેઠી ભોંય રિંગણી bethi bhoy ringani • Hindi: बंगकटिया bang-katiya, भटकटैया bhat-kataiya, भीरु bhiru, कण्टकारी kantakari, कटेली kateli, ऊंट कंटेली oonth-kateli, रेंगनी rengni • Kannada: ನೆಲಗುಳ್ಳ nelagulla, ರಾಮಗುಳ್ಳ raamagulla • Manipuri: লৈপুংখাংগ leipungkhanga • Marathi: डोरली रिंगणी dorali ringani, कंटकारी kantakari, कांटेरिंगणी kanteringani, रिंगणी ringani • Nepalese: अड़ेरि areri, दमनी damani, कण्टकारि kantakari • Oriya: rengini bhejiri • Punjabi: ਛੋਟੀ ਮੌਹਰੀ chhoti mauhari, ਊਂਟ ਕਟਾਰਾ unt katara • Sanskrit: अग्निदमनी agni-damani, अनाक्रान्ता anakranta, भीरु bhiru, दुःस्पर्ष duhsparsha, कण्टकश्रेणी kantaka-shreni, कण्टकारी kantakari, कासघ्नी kasagni, निर्दिग्धा nirdigdha, प्रचोदिनी prachodini, प्रपूरिका prapurika, राष्ट्रिका rashtrika, वार्हत varhat • Tamil: கண்டங்கத்தரி kantankattari • Telugu: గుర్రపు గట్టాకు gurrapu-gatt-aku, క్షుద్రము kshudramu, నేలముల్లాకు nela-mull-aku, వ్రాకుడు vrakudu • Urdu: گل خار gul khar

Regards
Dinesh.

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 12, 2011, 11:49:02 AM2/12/11
to Dinesh Valke, tanay bose, sameer rastogi, indian...@googlegroups.com
I doubt this being S. virginianum because of taller habit and colour of the leaves.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Vijayasankar

Feb 12, 2011, 6:16:46 PM2/12/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, tanay bose, sameer rastogi, indian...@googlegroups.com
I too think it is not S. virginianum.
This looks like S. viarum.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

sameer rastogi

Feb 12, 2011, 9:07:50 PM2/12/11
to efloraofindia
so what is it finally..S. xanthocarpum or viarum or virginianum/.

On Feb 13, 4:16 am, Vijayasankar <vijay.botan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I too think it is not S. virginianum.
> This looks like S. viarum.
>
> Regards
>
> Vijayasankar Raman
> National Center for Natural Products Research
> University of Mississippi
>

> On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > I doubt this being S. virginianum because of taller habit and colour of the
> > leaves.
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>

> > 2011/2/12 Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com>
>
> > ... the current name: *Solanum virginianum* ... commonly known as: dwarf

> >> wild brinjal, Jacquin's nightshade, prickly brinjal, prickly nightshade,
> >> thai eggplant, thorny nightshade, yellow-berried-night shade, yellow-fruit
> >> nightshade • Assamese: কণ্টকাৰি kantakaari • Bengali: কংটকরী kantakari •
> >> Gujarati: બેઠી ભોંય રિંગણી bethi bhoy ringani • Hindi: बंगकटिया bang-katiya,
> >> भटकटैया bhat-kataiya, भीरु bhiru, कण्टकारी kantakari, कटेली kateli, ऊंट
> >> कंटेली oonth-kateli, रेंगनी rengni • Kannada: ನೆಲಗುಳ್ಳ nelagulla, ರಾಮಗುಳ್ಳ
> >> raamagulla • Manipuri: লৈপুংখাংগ leipungkhanga • Marathi: डोरली रिंगणी
> >> dorali ringani, कंटकारी kantakari, कांटेरिंगणी kanteringani, रिंगणी ringani
> >> • Nepalese: अड़ेरि areri, दमनी damani, कण्टकारि kantakari • Oriya: rengini
> >> bhejiri • Punjabi: ਛੋਟੀ ਮੌਹਰੀ chhoti mauhari, ਊਂਟ ਕਟਾਰਾ unt katara •
> >> Sanskrit: अग्निदमनी agni-damani, अनाक्रान्ता anakranta, भीरु bhiru,
> >> दुःस्पर्ष duhsparsha, कण्टकश्रेणी kantaka-shreni, कण्टकारी kantakari,
> >> कासघ्नी kasagni, निर्दिग्धा nirdigdha, प्रचोदिनी prachodini, प्रपूरिका
> >> prapurika, राष्ट्रिका rashtrika, वार्हत varhat • Tamil: கண்டங்கத்தரி
> >> kantankattari • Telugu: గుర్రపు గట్టాకు gurrapu-gatt-aku, క్షుద్రము
> >> kshudramu, నేలముల్లాకు nela-mull-aku, వ్రాకుడు vrakudu • Urdu: گل خار gul
> >> khar
>
> >> Regards
> >> Dinesh.

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 13, 2011, 12:10:10 AM2/13/11
to sameer rastogi, efloraofindia
I think S. viarum as suggested by Vijayasankar ji

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Dr. Arvind Kadus

Feb 16, 2011, 1:25:03 PM2/16/11
to efloraofindia
I think It is not 100 % S. virginianum. In the photograph it is not
looking as creeper. leaves also do not match.
Regards
Dr.Kadus Arvind,Pune.

On Feb 13, 10:10 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think S. viarum as suggested by Vijayasankar ji
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor

sameer rastogi

Feb 16, 2011, 8:43:03 PM2/16/11
to efloraofindia
could it be S.indicum?
sameer

On Feb 16, 11:25 pm, "Dr. Arvind Kadus" <agastiayur...@yahoo.co.in>
wrote:

> [...]

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 16, 2011, 9:41:14 PM2/16/11
to sameer rastogi, efloraofindia
Sameer ji
S. indicum is no longer a valid name. The plants described under this in FBI may belong to  A. violaceum, S. lasiocarpum, S. anguivi or even S. viarum.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 19, 2020, 8:17:48 AM11/19/20
to efloraofindia
Forwarding again for ID
Distributed as  Solanum viarum ?
ID Looks good
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 19, 2020, 8:18:42 AM11/19/20
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Forwarding again for ID
Distributed as  Solanum viarum ?
ID Looks good
Group discussion at

solanum xanthocarpum 1.jpg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Nov 19, 2020, 8:22:28 AM11/19/20
to efloraofindia
Correct Id, viarum,
With regards.

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 21, 2020, 7:28:44 AM11/21/20
to efloraofindia
Thanks a lot Paradesi ji

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CAPTGuvG9_SL2bo43ayb8X-Fu4%2BWvoqpo%2BeOf3GRXN_OaNHoCUQ%40mail.gmail.com.