SK 2920 13 July 2021

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 13, 2021, 11:42:36 AM7/13/21

Date: 09 July 2021

Jul 13, 2021, 11:42:51 AM7/13/21

Jul 13, 2021, 11:43:13 AM7/13/21

Jul 13, 2021, 11:43:21 AM7/13/21
DSC_0053.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 13, 2021, 11:43:39 AM7/13/21
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, mamiyil sabu
DSC_0054.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 14, 2021, 7:13:17 AM7/14/21
to mamiyil sabu, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Location was difficult so it was not possible to collect rhizome.
I guess flowering was over !
Thank you Dr. Sabu !

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 22, 2021, 5:40:50 AM7/22/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

Some earlier relevant feedback:

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jul 22, 2021, 5:46:45 AM7/22/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Other images can be seen at
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Jul 22, 2021, 11:50:45 AM7/22/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Sabu ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 10, 2023, 12:57:36 PM8/10/23
to J.M. Garg, mamiyil sabu, efloraofindia

PreSam

Aug 18, 2023, 5:48:41 AM8/18/23
to eFloraofIndia
Curcuma xanthorrhiza has purple along the midvein running through the entire length of the dorsal surface as well as on either side of the midvein on the ventral surface. Additionally the rhizomes are yellow on the inside. I have attached a picture of both the dorsal and ventral surfaces for you to look over.

Best regards
Prejith Sampath
zanthorrhiza.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 18, 2023, 5:52:08 AM8/18/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Prejith Sampath, J.M. Garg

Thank you Dr. Sampath.

Any opinion about my sp.?  As I have mentioned before, the sp. is more than 2 m. tall.
I am trying to get rhizomes ASAP.

Saroj Kasaju

Prejith Sampath

Aug 18, 2023, 12:40:15 PM8/18/23
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
From the appearance of the leaves, it looks more like C.aeruginosa which only has a partial purple streak on the dorsal surface. I have not seen the flowers of zanthorrhiza so I can't comment on that. The rhizome I believe could help since I presume it is the only one besides C.longa that has this dark yellow colouration within. I could be wrong though since I only have some experience with the peninsular curcuma.

Best wishes
Prejith

Prejith Sampath

Aug 18, 2023, 12:53:04 PM8/18/23
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
I'm not sure how dependable that article you've attached is. The flower pictured in it is that of a curcuma hybrid called Twister.

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 19, 2023, 8:41:20 AM8/19/23
to Prejith Sampath, mamiyil sabu, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Todai I got  some images which I am enclosing herewith.

The plant measured 2.44 m excluding rhizomes, the tallest I could measure, maybe a  little more taller.
There is a faint tint of dark purple or maroon color in the mid-rib of the leaf, a little  higher from the base
of the leaf.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC05111.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 19, 2023, 8:41:42 AM8/19/23
to Prejith Sampath, mamiyil sabu, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

On Sat, Aug 19, 2023 at 6:25 PM Saroj Kasaju <kasaj...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC05113.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 19, 2023, 8:41:46 AM8/19/23
to Prejith Sampath, mamiyil sabu, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC05114.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 19, 2023, 8:42:01 AM8/19/23
to Prejith Sampath, mamiyil sabu, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
DSC05115.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 19, 2023, 8:42:22 AM8/19/23
to Prejith Sampath, mamiyil sabu, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
DSC05119.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 19, 2023, 8:42:44 AM8/19/23
to Prejith Sampath, mamiyil sabu, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Smoe images using flash and some without!
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC05120.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 20, 2023, 11:31:10 AM8/20/23
to Prejith Sampath, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Did you see the additional images,  Dr. Sampath ?
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 20, 2023, 11:32:54 AM8/20/23
to mamiyil sabu, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Dr. Sabu,

This years also I missed the flowers but able to measure the height of the plant
and get some  rhizomes. I have sent some images . Please have a look at it !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Prejith Sampath

Aug 22, 2023, 9:40:59 PM8/22/23
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
I'm sorry for the late reply. I've been traveling and the last three days have kept me totally busy. I did see the cut rhizome sections but I'm still confused. C.zanthorrhiza has an interior colour that appears similar to C.longa. This appears green to me. Could it be a problem with the software processing on the camera? Does it actually appear yellow to the eye?

Best wishes
Prejith Sampath

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 23, 2023, 1:47:03 AM8/23/23
to Prejith Sampath, mamiyil sabu, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Color of the cut rhizome is light green, not like dark yellow in domestic Turmeric rhizomes.
Oder is slightly like domestic turmeric but does not have a strong smell.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 23, 2023, 6:23:44 AM8/23/23
to Prejith Sampath, efloraindia, J.M. Garg, mamiyil sabu
Thank you Dr. Sampath.

Can you please tell me the  names of species having a height of above 2.4m.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 23, 2023, 6:38:08 AM8/23/23
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg, mamiyil sabu
I have seen zanthorrhiza, aeruginosa and a species with green leaf devoid of the purple midvein (possibly amada or aromatica) grow to that height at higher altitudes.

Best regards
Prejith Sampath

J.M. Garg

Sep 5, 2023, 8:17:16 AM9/5/23
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
DSC_0052 rs.jpg
DSC_0053 rs.jpg
DSC_0051 rs.jpg
DSC_0054 rs.jpg
DSC_0050 rs.jpg

J.M. Garg

Sep 5, 2023, 8:24:35 AM9/5/23
to efloraofindia
DSC05113 rs.jpg
DSC05119 rs.jpg
DSC05120 rs.jpg
DSC05115 rs.jpg
DSC05114 rs.jpg
DSC05112 rs.jpg
DSC05111 rs.jpg

J.M. Garg

Sep 11, 2023, 2:21:04 AM9/11/23
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Saroj ji

Sep 11, 2023, 2:21:38 AM9/11/23
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Saroj ji
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg
DSC05113 rs.jpg
DSC05119 rs.jpg
DSC05120 rs.jpg
DSC05115 rs.jpg
DSC05114 rs.jpg
DSC05112 rs.jpg
DSC05111 rs.jpg

J.M. Garg

Sep 16, 2023, 4:20:46 AM9/16/23
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

With regards,
J.M.Garg
DSC05113 rs.jpg
DSC05119 rs.jpg
DSC05120 rs.jpg
DSC05115 rs.jpg
DSC05114 rs.jpg
DSC05112 rs.jpg
DSC05111 rs.jpg

J.M. Garg

Sep 20, 2023, 8:06:09 AM9/20/23
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

With regards,
J.M.Garg
DSC05113 rs.jpg
DSC05119 rs.jpg
DSC05120 rs.jpg
DSC05115 rs.jpg
DSC05114 rs.jpg
DSC05112 rs.jpg
DSC05111 rs.jpg

J.M. Garg

Sep 24, 2023, 11:32:29 AM9/24/23
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot, Sabu ji

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 24, 2023, 12:05:14 PM9/24/23
to J.M. Garg, mamiyil sabu, Prejith Sampath, efloraofindia

Thank you Dr. Sabu.
Net images are so confusing that different links give different
colors of rhizomes. Which to believe ?

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 5, 2023, 3:25:03 AM10/5/23
to J.M. Garg, Prejith Sampath, efloraofindia, mamiyil sabu
I have brought a rhizome and planted it at home. It is coming up.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

386868989_1253041642020296_8848803656580164389_n.jpg