324 ID wild small tree Actephila

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 12, 2022, 2:51:43 PM6/12/22
to efloraofindia
Please ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Vannappuram, Thodupuzha, Idukki Dist., Kerala PIN:685607

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 04.06.2022, 03.15pm

Habitat: wild, wet/moisture, misty hill, no sunlight

Plant habit: small tree, erect, branches, hard stem 05 inches base diameter, black bark, velvety young shoot, long lasting

Height: 02.5 meters

Leaves: alternate, oblong, apex, size upto:18×7cm

Flower: 04 petals, diameter:10mm, greenish yellow, good fragrance

Fruit:

Seed:

Camera: CANON EOS1500D +filter lens×10
324 Identify wild plant
20220604151013_IMG_7398.JPG
20220604150957_IMG_7395.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 12, 2022, 2:54:18 PM6/12/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220604151314_IMG_7409.JPG
20220604151104_IMG_7400.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 12, 2022, 2:56:16 PM6/12/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220604151527_IMG_7414.JPG
20220604151453_IMG_7411.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 12, 2022, 2:58:52 PM6/12/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220604151624_IMG_7423.JPG
20220604151608_IMG_7421.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 12, 2022, 3:01:34 PM6/12/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220604151703_IMG_7429.JPG
20220604151645_IMG_7426.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 12, 2022, 3:03:51 PM6/12/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220604151722_IMG_7431.JPG
20220604151819_IMG_7433.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 12, 2022, 3:06:19 PM6/12/22
to efloraofindia

Sharing more images

20220604151917_IMG_7437.JPG
20220604151900_IMG_7436.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 12, 2022, 3:08:15 PM6/12/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220604152002_IMG_7440.JPG
20220604152122_IMG_7446.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 12, 2022, 3:09:50 PM6/12/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220604152505_IMG_7450.JPG
20220604152441_IMG_7449.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 12, 2022, 3:10:48 PM6/12/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220604152528_IMG_7452.JPG
20220604152517_IMG_7451.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 12, 2022, 3:11:42 PM6/12/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220604152619_IMG_7454.JPG
20220604152541_IMG_7453.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 12, 2022, 3:12:51 PM6/12/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220604152719_IMG_7456.JPG
20220604152649_IMG_7455.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 12, 2022, 3:13:49 PM6/12/22
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220604152740_IMG_7457.JPG
20220604152812_IMG_7458.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 12, 2022, 3:17:21 PM6/12/22
to efloraofindia
All flowers are shedded, so no fruits, sharing more images.
20220604152840_IMG_7459.JPG
20220604152905_IMG_7460.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 13, 2022, 2:54:31 AM6/13/22
to efloraindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, J.M. Garg
Myrsine ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 13, 2022, 3:56:35 AM6/13/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot dear Saroj ji for the ID suggestion.  I don't know it is Myrsine sp. or not, and no matching flowers at EFI. Very rare, only one plant growing here, with kind regards, Sam.

radha veach

Jun 13, 2022, 1:57:26 PM6/13/22
to eFloraofIndia
It looks like some Litsea species

regards
Radha

J.M. Garg

Jun 25, 2022, 9:43:11 PM6/25/22
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, radha veach
Thanks, Radha ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jun 27, 2022, 4:23:02 AM6/27/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, radha veach
Thank you very much dear Radha ji for the ID suggestion.  3 more plants also growing here.  Flower buds only in old stems.  Sharing more images, with kind regards, Sam.
20220624151308_IMG_8676.JPG
20220624145946_IMG_8670.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 2, 2022, 8:16:06 AM7/2/22
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu

Pl. see 28 high res. images at link.

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Myrsine ??
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Thanks a lot dear Saroj ji for the ID suggestion.  I don't know it is Myrsine sp. or not, and no matching flowers at EFI. Very rare, only one plant growing here, with kind regards, Sam.

It looks like some Litsea species
regards

Radha

Thank you very much dear Radha ji for the ID suggestion. 3 more plants also growing here. Flower buds only in old stems. Sharing more images, with kind regards, Sam.

I agree with Radha ji.

But could not decide among numerous species listed in FoPI.

Also could not decide from comparative images at
https://efloraofindia.com/2011/01/18/litsea/- from me

20220604152619_IMG_7454.JPG
20220604152541_IMG_7453.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jul 2, 2022, 8:17:39 AM7/2/22
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
Jul 2, 2022, 9:09:16 AM7/2/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you very much dear Garg ji for forwarding my ID request, with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Thank you very much dear Garg ji, for forwarding my ID request, with kind regards, Sam.

rganesan

Jul 7, 2022, 7:07:43 AM7/7/22
to eFloraofIndia
Dear All
The frames in the message belong to Litsea sp. as mentioned by Dr.Radha Veach. Except for the frame with fruits (three) others belong to the male plant. In frame 7421 we could see the flaps of anthers, characteristic of male flowers. In frames No. 7429 and 7440 we can see the inflorescence containing more than one flower of the male Litsea plant.

Thank you for the opportunity.

With regards
R.Ganesan

J.M. Garg

Jul 7, 2022, 7:38:29 AM7/7/22
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu, radha veach
Thanks a lot, Ganesan ji

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 7, 2022, 9:39:49 AM7/7/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Sam Kuzhalanattu, radha veach

Litsea ghatica Saldanha ??

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 7, 2022, 11:09:35 AM7/7/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg, radha veach
Thank you very much dear Saroj ji for the ID.  The flowers are very close, but the inflorescence (one has only on old stem) and pedicle are quite different, please check collage, left is mine.  With kind regards, Sam.
20220707_202435.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 7, 2022, 11:21:07 AM7/7/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg, radha veach, Ganesan Rengaian
Thank you very much dear Ganesan ji for your great observation, I am agree with you, fruiting is only on another plant, with kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 7, 2022, 11:25:09 AM7/7/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraindia, J.M. Garg, radha veach, Ganesan Rengaian
Any image showing the base of the fruit ( cup) ? Looks like fruit is matching !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 7, 2022, 11:37:26 AM7/7/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg, radha veach, Ganesan Rengaian
Dear Saroj ji,
During the next visit, I will share it, with kind regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 9, 2022, 2:25:16 PM7/9/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg, radha veach, Ganesan Rengaian
Sharing fruits images
20220709142255_IMG_8929.JPG
20220709142151_IMG_8925.JPG

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 9, 2022, 2:27:02 PM7/9/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg, radha veach, Ganesan Rengaian
Sharing an image
20220709141532_IMG_8914.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 9, 2022, 2:44:20 PM7/9/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, efloraindia, J.M. Garg, radha veach, Ganesan Rengaian

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jul 9, 2022, 10:02:27 PM7/9/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, J.M. Garg, radha veach, Ganesan Rengaian
Ok, dear Saroj ji.
Thank you very much for the link provided, with kind regards, Sam.

Saroj Kasaju

Jul 9, 2022, 10:04:06 PM7/9/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, Ganesan Rengaian, J.M. Garg, efloraindia, radha veach
OK Sam.
Thank you.
Saroj Kasaju
--
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 22, 2022, 3:48:03 AM8/22/22
to Saroj Kasaju, Ganesan Rengaian, J.M. Garg, efloraindia, radha veach
Sharing clear images
20220813135339_IMG_0143.JPG
20220813135327_IMG_0142.JPG
20220817131423_IMG_0404.JPG

Ganesan Rengaian

Aug 22, 2022, 5:03:12 AM8/22/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju, J.M. Garg, efloraindia, radha veach
Dear Dr.Sam
The fruits are at the top of the enlarged perianth cup. It could be one of the Litsea sp.

Thank you.

With regards
R.Ganesan
--
Ganesan Rengaian, Ph.D.,
Senior Fellow, SM Sehgal Foundation Centre for Biodiversity and Conservation

91-80-23635555 ext.: 208

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Aug 22, 2022, 5:08:55 AM8/22/22
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, radha veach, Ganesan Rengaian
Thank you very much dear Ganesan ji for the Genus ID, with kind regards, Sam.

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Sep 5, 2022, 12:04:45 AM9/5/22
to J.M. Garg, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, radha veach, Ganesan Rengaian, Giby
Dear Members,
My plant is identified as Litsea quinqueflora by Dr. Robi, a friend of Giby ji, thanks a lot, with kind regards, Sam.

J.M. Garg

Sep 5, 2022, 12:40:33 AM9/5/22
to Sam Kuzhalanattu, Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, radha veach, Giby
Thanks, Giby ji and Robi ji
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg