Elaeocarpus sp. ? for ID ( Elaeocarpaceae)

M Sawmliana

Jul 24, 2014, 1:02:33 PM7/24/14
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Location : Lengpui, Mizoram
Altitude : ca. 400 m.
Habit : Middle-sized or large evergreen tree
Habitat : Wild
Date : 24-07-2014

Regards,
M.Sawmliana
Elaeocarpus sp..JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 1, 2014, 2:23:08 AM8/1/14
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana

With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2380 members & 1,93,000 messages on 30/6/14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 9500 species & 1,90,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

Elaeocarpus sp..JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 7, 2014, 12:58:49 AM8/7/14
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana

my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2380 members & 1,96,000 messages on 31/7/14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 9500 species & 1,90,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

Elaeocarpus sp..JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 8, 2014, 12:43:25 AM8/8/14
to efloraofindia, Bimal Sar kar, M Sawmliana

Aug 8, 2014, 4:03:54 AM8/8/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Bimal Sar kar
Image of the seeds
DSCN1407.JPG

J.M. Garg

Aug 8, 2014, 6:01:34 AM8/8/14
to efloraofindia, Bimal Sar kar, M Sawmliana
Aug 8, 2014, 9:42:10 PM8/8/14
to efloraofindia, Bimal Sar kar, M Sawmliana
Jan 25, 2021, 11:01:32 AM1/25/21
to msawm...@gmail.com, jmg...@gmail.com, indian...@googlegroups.com
Elaeocarpus serratus L.f. ??
Thank you
Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Feb 2, 2021, 2:49:55 AM2/2/21
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana, Saroj Kasaju
Hi, Sawmliana ji,
Could you identify it ?
What are the species reported in your area?

Feb 2, 2021, 4:02:25 AM2/2/21
to M Sawmliana, efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Any keys ?

On Tue, 2 Feb 2021 at 14:17, M Sawmliana <msawm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Elaeocarpus aristatus, E.floribundus, E.lanceifolius, E.prunifolius, E.serratus, E. tectorius and E.varunua are recorded in my area.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Feb 2, 2021, 6:43:01 AM2/2/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, M Sawmliana
Thanks, Sawmliana ji.

Feb 10, 2021, 3:02:10 AM2/10/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, M Sawmliana
As keys were not working in the absence of flowers, I tried all species listed in the book as per comparative images at Elaeocarpus ans specimens from India in GBIF as below:

Closest I could is E.varunua as per GBIF- specimen1, plant illustrationIndia Biodiversity Portal and IBIS Flora (FBI)

Hi, Sawmliana ji,
May I request you to pl. post a high resolution image to check the details further.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Feb 10, 2021, 3:04:05 AM2/10/21
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju, M Sawmliana
Also see the specimen with fruit
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg