Red knotweed for ID? 060610-PKA1

Prashant awale

Jun 6, 2010, 12:21:34 PM6/6/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,
ID please for this Red Knotweed.
(I had earlier posted Pink coloured knotweed for ID and this Red one was found in vicinity of pink one.)

Bot. name:Persicaria  ??
Family:
Polygonaceae
Date/Time: 9th Nov./ 01:17PM
Location: Mizoram
Habitat: Wild

regards
Prashant
Red knotweed -3.JPG
Tender leaf of Red Knotweed.JPG
Red knotweed-2.JPG
Red Knotweed -1.JPG

Ritesh Choudhary

Jun 6, 2010, 9:29:39 PM6/6/10
to efloraofindia
Dear Prashantji,

I'll go with Persicaria chinensis once again. Colour variation is
common in this sps. and so many varieties have also been reported
based on the shape of the leaf. Your photographs shows insect fed
leaves of the same along with the leaves of Mikania micrantha.
Therefore, I would request you to post some pictures focussing more on
leaves to identify the plant with certainty.

Regards,
Ritesh.

On Jun 7, 1:21 am, Prashant awale <pkaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends,
> ID please for this Red Knotweed.
> (I had earlier posted Pink coloured knotweed for ID and this Red one was
> found in vicinity of pink one.)
>
> Bot. name:*Persicaria  ??
> *Family: Polygonaceae*
> *Date/Time: 9th Nov./ 01:17PM
> Location: *Mizoram*
> Habitat: Wild
>
> regards
> Prashant
>
>  Red knotweed -3.JPG
> 174KViewDownload
>
>  Tender leaf of Red Knotweed.JPG
> 190KViewDownload
>
>  Red knotweed-2.JPG
> 199KViewDownload
>
>  Red Knotweed -1.JPG
> 200KViewDownload

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 6, 2010, 10:36:03 PM6/6/10
to Ritesh Choudhary, efloraofindia
Ritesh ji
Yes because of accrescent fleshy perianth, but a few leaves with sagittate base are creating doubts. Yes photographs with well depicted lower and upper leaves would be crucial.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

tanay bose

Jun 6, 2010, 11:23:27 PM6/6/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Ritesh Choudhary, efloraofindia
Rightfully said by Ritesh Ji In Flora of China there are reports of variation in colour and so do in many articles available on net where it says it may have white, pink and red flowers. The mix up of vegetation is creating difficulties to observe the leaf morphology!!
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Prashant awale

Jun 7, 2010, 12:59:06 AM6/7/10
to Ritesh Choudhary, efloraofindia
Thanks Ritesh ji, Gurcharan Singh ji, Tanay ji. I too feel that it could be P. chinensis. Let me check if i have any other photos. Thanks again.
regards
Prashant

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 11, 2021, 6:58:51 AM2/11/21