SK 2189 19 September 2019

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 19, 2019, 12:04:58 PM9/19/19
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, mamiyil sabu

Dear Members,

Location: Godawari, Lalitpur,, Nepal
Altitude: 1932 m.
Date: 08 August 2019
Habit : Wild

Dear Dr. Sabu : Could not find any match for this . Initially, I  thought this to be
Gingiber bipinianum but I guess it looks some different.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
DSC_0639 copy.JPG
DSC_0643 copy.JPG
DSC_0644 copy.JPG
DSC_0642 copy.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 19, 2019, 12:05:32 PM9/19/19
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, mamiyil sabu

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0635 copy.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 19, 2019, 12:05:56 PM9/19/19
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, mamiyil sabu

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_0636 copy.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 19, 2019, 12:06:26 PM9/19/19
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, mamiyil sabu
DSC_0637.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 27, 2019, 12:42:11 AM9/27/19
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 13,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

DSC_0639 copy.JPG
DSC_0643 copy.JPG
DSC_0644 copy.JPG
DSC_0642 copy.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 27, 2019, 12:42:35 AM9/27/19
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Sep 27, 2019, 12:08:26 PM9/27/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Did not hear anything from Dr. Sabu  and expecting !

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Sep 27, 2019, 11:45:23 PM9/27/19
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot, Sabu ji.

Sep 28, 2019, 3:52:49 AM9/28/19
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Nice to know
Please convey my thanks to Dr Sabu
Regards
Ushadi

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 28, 2019, 5:11:55 AM9/28/19
to J.M. Garg, mamiyil sabu, efloraofindia

Thank you Dr. Sabu!

Only 4 species are listed in Nepal so far !

Zingiber

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Oct 5, 2019, 2:19:10 AM10/5/19
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Looks different from three out of the four species listed in Checklist of Nepal as per

Can it be whitish form of Zingiber chrysanthum ?

to J.M. Garg, mamiyil sabu, efloraofindia
Hopefully, but I am expecting this to be New to World😁!

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 5, 2019, 10:19:41 AM10/5/19
to Mamiyil Sabu, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Dear Dr. Sabu,

I have tried all possibilities I could get access. Could you please help with  the
links/documents  for further check ?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

On Sat, Oct 5, 2019 at 7:14 PM Mamiyil Sabu <msa...@gmail.com> wrote:
This is certainly different from you have mentioned. Z. capitatum is having terminal inflorescence, where as others have long peduncle. Still you have to check with other newly published taxa from India and neighbouring countries.

M. Sabu Ph. D., FNA
Formerly Professor & Head
Department of Botany
University of Calicut
Kerala, 673 635, India
Phone: 91--4952431545
Mobile: 91- 09447636333

Website: www.gingersofindia.com
https://botany.uoc.ac.in/index.php/sunojkumar?id=58

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 10, 2020, 5:24:35 AM11/10/20
to Mamiyil Sabu, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 16.07.20.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 16.07.54.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 16.07.44.png

J.M. Garg

Nov 11, 2020, 11:53:53 AM11/11/20
to Saroj Kasaju, Mamiyil Sabu, efloraindia
I think the images in your post look different.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 11, 2020, 12:03:26 PM11/11/20
to J.M. Garg, Mamiyil Sabu, efloraindia
OK Mr. Garg !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Nov 13, 2020, 9:03:55 AM11/13/20
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

Nov 13, 2020, 9:04:50 AM11/13/20
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

Nov 13, 2020, 11:22:27 AM11/13/20
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot, Sabu ji

Nov 13, 2020, 11:53:58 AM11/13/20
to J.M. Garg, mamiyil sabu, efloraofindia

Thank you Dr. Sabu,

 Please have a look at the clips of earlier mails in this regard !

Saroj Kasaju

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 22.36.20.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 22.36.40.png
DSC_0636 copy.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 18, 2022, 12:58:59 AM11/18/22
to J.M. Garg, mamiyil sabu, efloraofindia

Dear Dr. Sabu,

Does the attached leaves match with the earlier post : https://groups.google.com/g/indiantreepix/c/kD_4GdWsF5E/m/UOMld8yRAQAJ. ??

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

314391897_506121404786038_7296235213963197766_n.jpg
315293330_656426066071342_7039588074081982930_n.jpg
314017604_5733684930000183_5195249086473570352_n.jpg
315874756_1254532481992661_255349660941305109_n.jpg

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 1, 2023, 1:50:55 PM9/1/23
to Mamiyil Sabu, efloraindia, J.M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 9, 2023, 1:46:39 AM9/9/23
to Saroj Kasaju, Mamiyil Sabu, efloraindia
Thanks, Saroj ji
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 9, 2023, 1:49:55 AM9/9/23
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
DSC_0639 copy.JPG
DSC_0643 copy.JPG
DSC_0644 copy.JPG
DSC_0642 copy.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 10, 2023, 11:20:39 AM9/10/23
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot, Sabu ji

Saroj Kasaju

Sep 10, 2023, 12:43:23 PM9/10/23
to J.M. Garg, mamiyil sabu, efloraofindia

Thank you. Dr. Sabu. This year  also I could not collect the specimen. I shall try again next year.
However, there are about 7 images in the mail showing the plant parts .

Saroj Kasaju